Notices

Originally Posted by amaj1407 View Post
is there a way to use kmplayer as the default player for cutetube becasue I do not see that in the settings and sometimes the vids do not play in cutetube player. May be this has something to do with gstreamer because if I start cutetube from x term I get:

althoug it's installed.

and again thank you marxian for this great app.
Perhaps the gstreamer problem is why it doesn't play any videos for me at all.

Edit: Settings don't seem to work (won't open at all).

Log doesn't say anything useful for the videos not playing problem. It just says fetching URL forever (I can leave it there for minutes)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-12-26 at 02:55.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Is it possible to integrate YouTube movies into CuteTube?
It's probably searchable in CT, but a specific moviesbutton or a movie option under search would be sweet.
Maybe a list of genres or something.
Probably not the hottest movierange at the moment but there are some stuff worth seeing anyhow.

Dont know if itīs doable but I think it would be a nice feature

Marxian, thanks for all your work with CuteTube

Edit:
Just saw that it was possible to change search to films from settings.
I tried it but it didnīt list any films. Maybe a work in progress
Itīs there anyway

Edit2: http://www.youtube.com/movies ,fulllength moviefiles

Last edited by datjomp; 2010-12-26 at 20:10. Reason: Typos and adding the movielink on youtube

I have no idea if this would be wanted or doable (from within cutetube or in another app). Say you have a 5 part series you want to download 50 min total in 5 10 minute parts.
Abilty to cutejoin all the downloaded mp4 files into one file with a user designated name (ie instead of bla part 1, bla part 2, just bla. that way you could reconstruct movies.
probably not doable right?

Hello,
I can not download due to conflict problem. I have attached image/ screenshot of the conflicting files.
Any solution for using Cutetube.
Regards,
Attached Images

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by arvind View Post
Hello,
I can not download due to conflict problem. I have attached image/ screenshot of the conflicting files.
Any solution for using Cutetube.
Regards,
You need to upgrade python2.5-qt4 to version 4.7.5. Open a terminal and run following commands:

$ apt-get update
$ apt-get install python2.5-qt4

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
I have no idea if this would be wanted or doable (from within cutetube or in another app). Say you have a 5 part series you want to download 50 min total in 5 10 minute parts.
Abilty to cutejoin all the downloaded mp4 files into one file with a user designated name (ie instead of bla part 1, bla part 2, just bla. that way you could reconstruct movies.
probably not doable right?
I think of these movies:
http://www.youtube.com/movies
I don't know if its possible to do in CT but they can be played from microb

Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
You need to upgrade python2.5-qt4 to version 4.7.5. Open a terminal and run following commands:

$ apt-get update
$ apt-get install python2.5-qt4
Many Thanks. I ve downloaded Cute Tube

Originally Posted by arvind View Post
Many Thanks. I ve downloaded Cute Tube
hello how did u manage to do this? im typing the commands into terminal and nothing happens! any advice

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
That would seem to be a better option, as it doesn't give users the impression that they can interact with the application. Is it possible to have an animated image?
Nope, pvr images are static afaik, so unless you implement a splash screen window, you can't

And have a look at http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7.old/qsplashscreen.html, I never really tried it, but it might work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Nope, pvr images are static afaik, so unless you implement a splash screen window, you can't

And have a look at http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7.old/qsplashscreen.html, I never really tried it, but it might work
Thanks. I'm re-writing cuteTube using QML/C++ atm, so I'll look into this when I'm closer to finishing the app.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube