Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by xman View Post
I think it's important to have nah sayers around to keep a reality check.

I don't agree with most of his arguments, but also don't think he should be banned.
I fully agree here, even though I find some of his posts read as a baseless insult towards fxtec and chen I think it's not an appropriate reason for a ban. Banning should be for spambots and perhaps extreme cases when someone threatens real life violence or just vandalizes the forum, if it's done for too small reasons it's very detrimental to the social somethingorother concept thing.

Originally Posted by xman View Post
What I don't understand is why if you guys are so offended by shaihkritzer, why keep responding to his every post? If he is a trigger for you maybe ask yourself is it important to reply back. I think many have made good arguments against most of his concerns. At this point those that argue are mostly just repeating the same points.
I think the fuel that feeds this fire is that people are very anxious and excited to get the Pro1, while none of us can have it just yet (definitely including myself here) . Even shaikritzer clearly wants to own one quite badly, or he would have long time ago gotten tired of us and moved on.

On that note... I have a lot of faith that fxtec will get this done and done right :-). If the absolute worst happens I'll mourn but I would not regret supporting them, they have shown enough to convince me they're trying their absolute best and the world really needs a proper phone with a little keyboard on it.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
This is also possible with the new Withings watches, at a small fraction of the price of crapapple watches....

Also Withings used to be part of Nokia even though they now are French
you mean they used to be French and were.bought by Nokia

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Side note to Chen congrats in advance to fxtec for getting nearly 1000 followers on twitter. Only 12 users away now.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Watched yesterday Apple event on my friends place who is Apple devoted. A lot of overwords as usual but one thing I have thought a lot is the apple watch. My father has had several heart attacks and constant problems and I have also started to have heart problems. To get alerted by your wrist and to get instant EKG would be useful. And it seems it doesn't need anymore to have an iphone or other apple products (if I understood correctly). I just think it could be possible to make a microusb plug with wires and maybe some gadget included and get the same working with N900. Or on F(x)TecPro. I doubt they will opensource their sourcecode for the appropriate software for free use though.
Withings announced their ECG watch even before Apple's. I bet it is much more friendlier to other OSes than the Apple watch.

https://www.withings.com/us/en/move-ecg

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
The one thing I hate about this forum, there's no block user feature...
There exists a fundamental problem with such 'blocking' features:
+
Without frequent reminders
it becomes very easy to forget where toxic stupidity comes from.
-
Without such 'blocking' features
such toxic stupidity leaves an easily referenced history
by which the levels of toxicity and depths of stupidity
can be properly quantified and analyzed.
Be careful what you wish for....

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
you mean they used to be French and were.bought by Nokia
And Nokia sold it back to the management.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beeki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
I remember them promising to start shipping in summer.
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Are you sure he promised? Wasn't it: We target to deliver...?
even then, if they ship mid september they still shipped in summer, summer lasts until the 21st.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
Or move to Australia and problem solved

Anyway, jokes aside, i would really like to know who is actually interested in this device.
I mean, what types of users here would like to buy a device like this, or any similar device.
I'm just curious, cause here most users don't like modern devices with android and this is a 2-3 year old (spec wise) relatively modern device. OS wise, sure, they have some other options here like many other devices, but ships with android if I'm correct.
So, is it just the keyboard? Or people getting ready to move on from our beloved dead platforms to something else?
Again, this is pure curiosity and something I would really like to discuss without trolling and disrespect!

Last edited by nikos523; 2019-09-12 at 09:58.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by SaiKo View Post
even then, if they ship mid september they still shipped in summer, summer lasts until the 21st.
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
lolwhat? In my country summer months are june july and august.

in such way, any month can be summer one to justify the delays let's switch to another calendar, problem solved!
Oh dear. Boys just let it go. You are both correct.

Summer months are june - august, but from astronomical view it has something to do with the lining of the sun in accordance with the hespheres and that summer definition lasts till end of September.

Just chill. Go drink beer or hot cocoa

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit