I hope there's a chance to get full sources of meego and/or maemo 5 .

Thanks for making such amazing devices .

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
it would be nice to know how many new companies have been created in Finland since the beginning of Elop at Nokia.

thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to 48GX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
I'm full of sad but also happy for this team.They made our phone better and better every day.

The Following User Says Thank You to trayhoper For This Useful Post:
Thank you and good luck!

The MeeGo-Harmattan project is simply amazing.. I can't even imagine how much work went into it, but it was well worth it. Bravo!

The Following User Says Thank You to vlad0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
specc did you look him up twitter? do research instead of asking on who he is on an appreciation thread!!!
We didn't have to research Lcuk because he was an active presence on this site. Maybe this appreciation thread is just meant for the inside-dopesters.

Sotirie, efharisto, para, para poli. And thank you so much to the rest of the Meego and Maemo teams as well.
My N900 and my N9 have been amazing phones, and I'd like to thank the teams behind them for doing all they can in trying circumstances. Well done guys and girls.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dockman For This Useful Post:
Have seen both the N900 and the N9 from their prototype stage , and always wondered why this OS in both it's incarnations was not at that time , or even later Nokia's choice for the future .

You had the first Mobile Operating system capable of operating with no physical keys with the N900 , since the keyboard was practicaly used only for typing .
Something like that on top of everything else showed just how many things were possible from this company if the time and money were spent .

Granted , in most cases fighting against the company's management is not the best way to do business and the deceision was made from people far and away from the realily of the mobile phone market .

In any case , I also want to thank you for your work , and the experience you provided me with two phones a lot different from most others and in a good way for the most part .
Thank you for giving us two devices that made it a habbit for me since then to always try and find the same capabilities in other phones running other Os's and either finding a hard way to do the same things or realizing that they were impossible .

And last but not least , since I am from greece too please allow me to say something in Greek

Ευχαριστω πολυ , και λυπαμαι που η κατασταση σε αυτη την εταιρεια σας εφτασε στο σημειο να αποχωρησετε . Μπορω μονο να φανταστω οτι μετα απο τοσα χρονια δουλειας και προσπαθειας για αποτελεσματα που ποτε δεν εκτιμηθηκαν οσο θα επρεπε , η πικρια πρεπει να ηταν μεγαλη εδω και καποια χρονια .
Ευχαριστω για την υπομονη σας και την επιμονη σας να μας χαρισετε και το Ν9 σαν μια δευτερη λυση μετα το υπεροχο για φορητη συσκευη Ν900

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gliatiotis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Thank you Sotiri and the rest of the team for an amazing work and as someone mentioned going out with a bang as amazing as the N9, no need to tell me to keep the N9 that and the N900 I will keep with me as long as they're in one piece.

Ευχαριστούμε για όλα και καλή τύχη!!!!!!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by gliatiotis View Post
Have seen both the N900 and the N9 from their prototype stage...
Joined on Nov 2009 - 1st post today...
Damn (no offence!)... where have you been?
So they are among us now...

As sad as things are going - try to keep up the good work, if you see a chance. I hope all of you will be given adequate options to do so in upcoming projects like mer, tizen or whatever truely free Linux for mobile.
All my best for that.

Thanks to all your department staff.
I just love my N9, whatever works on it or not. This thingy is kind of a hardcopy of freedom in the mobile OS's world today with only 2 dominant alternatives, each monopolizing itself for whatever.

So thanks again.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following User Says Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
I would like to really appriciate hard work done by Sotiris and teams. I'm really huge fan of NOKIA all my life i've and having N9 just make fly in sky. The best OS i can ever have and i can proudly say to everyone Hey I have better and different phone then rest of people who have IOS and Android just common OS in market.

I'm so much in love with meego and i swear i'm never going to let go my N9. I still have few of my old Nokia's phone still with me which i don't use it but still leave it.

I thought Nokia would have continue with Meego/Meamo just be different then rest of companies, something unique but for some reason NOKIA's been making wrong decession from last couple months. They sold their high end phone company "Vertu" and now they let going Meego/Meamo.

I guess its all on users up here now to sign some kind of Petition and send to NOKIA for keep continue with Sotiris effort and stay with Meego rather coming up with WP.

I'm just loosing my mind right now so i don't even know what i'm writing but its kinda sock to me today.

anyway thanks again to Sotiris and team, keep up good work and best luck with your future work

The Following User Says Thank You to pri_p81 For This Useful Post:

Tags
specc is the, troll ericsson