Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Using RW's SDK, I can see the possible apps/integrations going forward:
- Notekeeper sending Evernote reminders Pebble
- Gesture to silence/ignore calls (I have Easy Answer, thinking of a similar kind of app)
- apps like MeeRun, SportsTracker working w/AeroTracker
- notifications for other social networking services (I know, I know
As an extension to what I mentioned earlier about DBUS access I should also clarify that any apps that use the existing notification system on the N9 will have their messages sent to the Pebble automatically without the devs needing to do anything extra.

Gesture stuff could be very exciting; personally I'd be quite interested in writing a few games that use the Pebble as a motion controller. Unfortunately the Pebble app SDK still doesn't allow access to the accelerometer data. I hope we won't have to wait too much longer for this, as it's a shame to have the functionality available in the hardware but not be able to make use of it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Gesture stuff could be very exciting; ...use the Pebble as a motion controller. ...access to the accelerometer data.
YESSSS, do it!!! Geezus I love you...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
I'm going to how to bow out of direct input to Rocke****ch for now. I returned my Pebble today. Don't get me wrong, I get the appeal. Its just not something that fits how I'd prefer to roll with wearable tech.

Maybe if I get back to wanting to keep a lot of stuff around that I don't use often, I'll pick up another and go back to things. I prefer economy of devices and of what they do. We'll see.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Version 1.1 is now available in the Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/394053

This version adds:

* Preliminary support for the HTTPebble protocol which allows watch faces and apps to communicate with HTTP servers via the phone’s network connection and also provides them with location information. For example this provides support for watch faces that display local weather information, like Fair Forecast.
* The ability to set the watch’s time from the N9′s clock.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
It is official app from Pebble or not?

Originally Posted by Alexxxl View Post
It is official app from Pebble or not?
No, Rockwatch is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed or supported by Pebble.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Good work!
Now, beat me to this one
https://jawbone.com/up/developer

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
No, Rockwatch is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed or supported by Pebble.
Thank you!
The thing is I really want to buy this watch and just want that to be the interaction with my N9.
Tell me if you know ... whether to display the notification from the native SMS chats in addition? (gtolk, icq, facebook)
All as shown, on the screen N9 watch logo, he's always at work to watch or you can minimize it?

Thank you!
The thing is I really want to buy this watch and just want that to be the interaction with my N9.
Tell me if you know ... whether to display the notification from the native SMS chats in addition? (gtolk, icq, facebook)
SMS works, as does any application that sends a standard notification message, facebook certainly does, I don't know about the various GTalk or ICQ clients as I don't use these myself.

All as shown, on the screen N9 watch logo, he's always at work to watch or you can minimize it?
You can put Rockwatch in the background.

Last edited by Elleo; 2013-10-28 at 16:20.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Good work!
Now, beat me to this one
https://jawbone.com/up/developer
Even better
http://dev.fitbit.com
http://www.fitbit.com/comparison/trackers

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-28 at 19:27.

Tags
nokia n9, smart watch