Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
It's newer build with many bugs fixed
Thanks a lot Dude!!!

Wow, just installed this and it's brilliant. Arranged everything in portrait mode and so far no problems, it just works. Great job arcean and co. Thanks ever so much!

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
It's not possible. It'll break CSSU instalation .
You can change the name of the .deb file before you upload it, so that the deb file itself is named as if it has a higher version string. But if you just change the name of the file, the version string added in debian/control will still be the same inside the package as it was when you packaged it.

So it's possible to have the .deb file have a different version number in the file name and still have the same version number as the CSSU-included Hildon Desktop package in the actual package. The users can then tell when you're putting up a newer version, and apt-get still sees it as the same 'correct' version string each time.

ALSO: Wasn't one of the goals of the CSSU to make it so that you could uninstall and upgrade OS packages on your own without breaking the OS updates? If version-bumping hildon-desktop breaks it, I'd say CSSU distribution methodology should/could be improved.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
ALSO: Wasn't one of the goals of the CSSU to make it so that you could uninstall and upgrade OS packages on your own without breaking the OS updates? If version-bumping hildon-desktop breaks it, I'd say CSSU distribution methodology should/could be improved.
The CSSU aims to provide upgrades outside Nokia's official repositories, rather than making maemo behave like Debian.

Devs are always free to submit merge requests to have them in the next update, rather than resorting to pre-CSSU methods

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
you guys think we can ever have different wallpapers for portrait mode?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
is there any noobproof solution to get portrait wallpapers?
or how to patch this callback ?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I think someone needs to build a HD with this in it

The dialogues for Contact-shortcuts appear properly in portrait-mode now. I'm a happy camper.

Ironically I downloaded the CSSU Features Configuration tool to try and manually set this, only to realize arcean already fixed it. But I also wanted to recommend that folks try the "Applications: Forced Rotation" option. It makes the Contacts application and Modest appear in portrait-mode when using Portrait Desktop -- and when stuff needs to be written, just flip to landscape and you're back in "Classic Maemo" mode.

Portrait mode on N900 is something of an adventure still. The Image Viewer and Camera apps have display corruption/offset problems in Portrait mode, but many other things work well (MAG's media player, phone calls, etc). Our dear ticker-tape Maemo calculator looks very amusing in forced-portrait

i feel like have a new device....hehehehe...tq so much

CasTTeLLo

Last edited by CasTTeLLo; 2011-07-17 at 04:31. Reason: images added