Active Topics

Hi all,

I just got my n810 last night, so trying to learn as much as possible. Right now I have a Roku Soundbridge that can connect to an XP box which runs Rhapsody. The XP box also has a usb->optical sound card to my receiver. So in theory I can listen to music either via the Roku or by remote desktop and manually controlling Rhapsody.

I'd like to eliminate the Roku from this setup, and use the n810 to remotely control the Rhapsody client that's always running on the XP box. In other words, I know I can stream content TO the n810, but I want to use the n810 as a controller to manipulate the Rhapsody application, so I can listen through my home stereo.

This seems like it should be obvious to me, but can't seem to find anything, apart from TabletBridge to control the Roku versus controlling Rhapsody directly.

Thanks very much,

Dugbee

bump. I am looking to do the same thing.

Right now I can stream audio/video to the nokia800 using tversity, or orb, or rhapsody.

I can also use the nokia800 as a remote control via tversity and a unpn device(linksys DSM320) . This allows me to search through my Tversity library, and creat playlists and play the music though my stereo via the unpn. This is awesome.

What I am looking to do, which I think id the same as the OP wants to accomplish. I'd like to control rhapsody from the nokia, and have it played though there unpn devices, therefore the stereo,

Each device will play rhapsody independently, but I can't get on to control the other.

Anyone have this figured out?

I've been playing around a bit more. The closest I can get is to set the host PC's resolution to a custom 800x480, have it run VNC server, and then use VNC on the Nokia to remote control. It's more readable than I originally suspected.

But in theory I think a native application is possible. There is an API called Rhapsody Web Services - http://webservices.rhapsody.com/ and someone took advantage of this to write a PocketPC application - http://www.openrhap.net/blog/ .

At first I thought that SqueezeCenter plus SoftSqueeze (software to emulate a Logitech/Sim Devices Squeezebox) would work, but Rhapsody (because of DRM) seems to only be supported with real SqueezeBox hardware. If you just have a collection of MP3s you can use the SqueezeCenter web interface with a Nokia770 skin. But since it's essentially a web page, performance isn't the best, and you can't do things like browse the Rhapsody online library and play radio stations.

I'll keep looking!