Active Topics

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United States
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could go about helping configure the SMS notification LED light to stay on after receiving an SMS? The phone that I used to own before had this feature, and it made checking texts a lot easier for me as all I'd have to do would be to glance down at my phone to see if a light was on, rather than waiting for it to blink or not.

If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
either you do it by hand editing some file which is accessible when being root (the hard way, can't remember where the instructions are) or you use "LED Pattern Editor" found in Extras

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Is there possibly a tutorial or something that can explain LED Pattern Editor? I've been playing around with it for the past few hours and still can't quite figure out what I'm doing.. haha.

Anyone, please?

yes that would be appreciated!

use the led pattern editor, it's very easy to use. with a type of graph representing the light. seriousyl check it out and you'll see what I mean.

Oh and when saving your pattern there is a message of doom and gloom but I believe this can be ignored

Last edited by Spotfist; 2010-06-18 at 06:46.

Eh... well I guess that only means I need to play with it further.

Raubtier, if I figure anything out I'll let you know!

I believe it works on an up and then down system, so in essence you could make it slowly go up and then down and then repeat, it's a bit hard to explain but imagin a very flat but wide pyramind... I do believe that there is a way to get it to go on and then stay on though.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Since you didn't get the hint in my first post (hint was: there are instructions to be found if searched for properly)

http://wiki.maemo.org/LED_patterns

No need to experiment and play

Last edited by Amboss; 2010-06-20 at 22:44.