Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
I didn't use nokia software updater, I don't think it flashes eMMC.

If you use Nokia software updater (it works with N900), you should ALSO format the N900 INTERNAL STORAGE.

You can check version by going to settings -> about product.
Yeah I know that but which version should it be.
Also how can I format it?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bodil4o View Post
Yeah I know that but which version should it be.
Also how can I format it?
you can format it by flashing the eMMC image first with flasher and after that the normal firmware image (with flasher)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Can I flash it via the device?
Like my N95 had *#7370# ?

Can I flash it via the device?
Like my N95 had *#7370# ?
no you cant. just read the wiki article through and reflash with flasher. that is the only way to be sure. or then you can go to nokia service and try to get it fixed (and wait a week or two in the process).
Google Custom Search

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Hi all,
My sister bought brand new original n900 yesterday.
From the 1st turning off (and after the software update) it keeps restarting.
Just listening music = restart.
Taking/watching pictures = restart
In the internet = restart
Even in the settings made it reboot.
Just you do something and it is nice phone for 10minutes but after this it just restart itself.
After that problem we've updated to the newest software version but the problem remain.
It freezes anywhere you are in anytime.

Please help!
P.S. No other applications are installed - only the default ones.
It's defective. The problems you're seeing won't be fixed by a firmware upgrade.

To be absolutely clear, a brand-new N900 should never behave this way out of the box even with earlier firmware versions -- mine didn't.
http://www.eff.org.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Take it in for repair or attempt to upgrade it to PR1.1.1, as this fixes most of these problems. It is a chip problem that was also fixed in Droid, I think.
The restart problems indicated seem much more frequent and widespread than any I ever experienced prior to installing PR 1.1.1. Note that it's not an application dying, but "restarting" -- then entire device is reboot.

Yes, there were stability fixes in PR1.1.1, but this seems to be a much more severe case of reboots than most of use experienced.
http://www.eff.org.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Alan_Peery View Post
It's defective. The problems you're seeing won't be fixed by a firmware upgrade.
I disagree, because you simply cannot say whether it can or cannot be fixed by software updates from what you know so far. So you *might* be right, but "won't be fixed" is too strong.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
I had similar problem, after an update i done it started restarting, wasnt that bad it was just once or twice it happened and maybe a freeze here an there.
I then done a hard reset/full clean of the device. Basically just what the others here have mentioned.
Flash the eMMC first with the vanilla firmware (im not sure if there are any new 1s available but do check and use which ever latest 1 you can for the emmc) then flash the device with the latest firmware.
Use the flasher tool to do both of these things and hopefully it should have resolved the issue.
Or alternatively if you are unsure how to do this and don't wish to go down this route then you can always take it back to the place you got it from and tell them to fix it or give you a replacement. If they ask you to wait a couple days or something then just moan at them, get a refund and go somewhere else get yourself a new 1 there and then

To be absolutely clear, a brand-new N900 should never behave this way out of the box even with earlier firmware versions -- mine didn't.
You are right. I never had any issues when I got my N900 brand new. It was only after doing firmware updates, installing test apps etc that I had noticed things going funny.

Its all working fine now tho

then just look at the bugtracker link I posted and answer to me how in the hell did PR1.1 help the most?
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:

Tags
lack of quality control