Active Topics

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kaktux View Post
Beside the Insmat Flip Case - are there any others you would recommend.
Does anyone have a lastucase? How is the quality of that (since it is leather glued? to wood - i am not sure about the comparison to a "one pieace" leather case).
I have a Lastu Case. The build quality is fine. It looks like the leather is not directly glued onto the wood, but sewn on something to which also the wood is glued, so no worries about that part. The leather won't come off by its own.

I'm not sure, though, if the case stays closed when falling to the ground. Maybe the flap will open, if you're unlucky, and the glass will hit the ground. But I have not tried this.
Gravity is the only force that holds the flap closed.

Other than that, the Lastu Case looks great on the Jolla.

I bought the case for dirt protection, not for drop protection.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kaktux View Post
Finally: I read the tablet is Sailfish 2.0 - are there plans to update the phone to this version to??
They already told that SailfishOS is only one OS. So yes, the phone will be on 2.0 as well. Maybe even before the tablet hits the floor.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Do you mostly use your Jphone with two hands or one hand?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Do you mostly use your Jphone with two hands or one hand?
How on earth can you use a Jolla*) with only one hand?

*) Or, for that matter, any touch-screen only device

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Operating N9 was possible with one hand. With jolla it is difficult due to the size.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That depends on what you mean by operating. Typing this response is impossble with one hand on a screen-only device, regardless of size.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
Operating N9 was possible with one hand. With jolla it is difficult due to the size.
Yes, N9 was exellent(mostly). Jollas interaction design is bad for one hand. The GUI should make it easier. not harder to use in most possible situations.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
How on earth can you use a Jolla*) with only one hand?

*) Or, for that matter, any touch-screen only device
They are not? I might have missed that memo, I'm using SE Xperia ultra, 6,4 inch (and most of my other phones) with one hand mostly. But jollas UI makes it almost impossible to use with one hand.

My issue with jollas GUI is that they have buttons top left which is not user friendly if u are using it with one hand. I would like that button in the buttom instead. Also, instead of drag the whole homre screen dont to get pully menu to select things you should move it up and the menu in the button. Not sure how they thought when design the interaction design. But it cant have been with one hand in mind

Jolla need to fix this or add some smart moves like gesture based interaction with the GUI to open apps, close apps, go back, go forward, go to specific url's and so forth.

Suggestions: latest apps should be possible to have in the button, menu should be visible in lower part of the screen. (this works better with lots of apps open but still). It doesn't matter when using two hands, but a big difference when using one. So then it should be an easy design decision.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-14 at 09:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That depends on what you mean by operating. Typing this response is impossble with one hand on a screen-only device, regardless of size.
This reply was typed on Jolla using just one hand. Little difficult maybe but not impossible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
My issue with jollas GUI is that they have buttons top left which is not user friendly if u are using it with one hand. I would like that button in the buttom instead.
Are you serious? You shouldn't use that buttons, the left/right gestures are made for these. No wonder you can't use it with one hand.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Are you serious? You shouldn't use that buttons, the left/right gestures are made for these. No wonder you can't use it with one hand.
So many clicks/swips is needed on top mid screen. Why no add a feature small button (buttom). then draw any figure anywhere on screen and command was executed? that would make it awesome.

While Sailfish gui is simple and nice. Android commands can be executed much faster becouse they figure out ways to side step the standard user interfaces. Android would be very hard to use onehanded without these additions.

My hope is that they will be available for sail at some point so we can speed up the usage.

Would be possible to add something like this to sailfish so you could enable in settings/app and then execute from any screen via button click or speach?

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-14 at 11:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience