Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by Toontje View Post
Anybody experiencing terrible browsing? I have to connect (load a URL) several times to actually see the browser start loading the page. Usually it stays at Connecting...
Doesn't happen with all the sites, though.
same here... until nokia releases a fix for the problems we have with browsing I will go back to the old firmware... I use my n800 for browsing, I need at least the browser to works well.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
same here... until nokia releases a fix for the problems we have with browsing I will go back to the old firmware... I use my n800 for browsing, I need at least the browser to works well.
Fixed. Check http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=7412

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
As fixes don't seem to arrive before the holidays I'll reflash to old firmware. The new one is too unstable for my taste, even with the fixed screen issues.

Slow internet page loading (and some not at all):

Hi all. We own 2 N800s (my wife kept taking mine, so had to buy a 2nd!) I flashed only one with the new firmware and did a side-by-side comparison.

On our home network, we CANNOT access Gmail or iGoogle, yet all is fine with YouTube on the newly flashed device. For Google, all we see is "connecting" and the page never loads. Page loading on most other web pages is significantly slower on the new firmware N800. I went back and re-flashed to the prior version and all is back to original load times. Also, secure web pages, such as my bank (Washington Mutual) and financial institutions (Franklin Templeton) are much much slower on the new firmware.

If I connect using my Blackberry (Cingular), the same still applies.

We have a Linksys Wireless-B router on our home network.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated as I did enjoy the new upgrade (when it did work)

Weird, my homepage is my iGoogle page. It loads just fine. Maybe try reloading the new firmware and not restore any of your previous info? I had issues with the restore.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
MickeyWings - try altering the wireless timeout setting as described in bug #1636 and in this thread.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
MickeyWings - try altering the wireless timeout setting as described in bug #1636 and in this thread.
Agreed. I played around with various number settings from 200 to 1000 ms and found that the 1000 ms (1 sec) setting sped up browsing a ton and worked across the board with a lot of wi-fi routers.
Also discovered that a setting of 500 ms slowed it down just a bit but I found no browsing timeouts or issues using it with Linksys, Belkin, Cisco, and Apple wi-fi routers. I think that's the "sweet spot" in the N800's wi-fi power-drain vs. speed arena.

Milhouse

I did not restore from backup (as per many other threads); however, I did as you suggested and now the browsing experience is amazing.

I changed the timeout setting to 1000 and all is great.

Thanks so much for your help.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by MikeyWings View Post
Thanks so much for your help.
Smashing, glad it worked.

Can you add a comment in bug #1636 with the details of your router - make, model and firmware? If you don't want to create an account, post the details here and I'll cut & paste them into Bugzilla although it's better if you do it yourself as you can also vote on the bug which increases the likelihood of it being fixed in future.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ here and there
# Up to 8GB Memory Card support. Over 2GB Must be SDHC???? so this means the 2 4gb sd cards i use now wont work anymore? did anyone verify this?