Notices

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by ghostwood View Post
It works now. Thank you!

I have one request thought. Since two factor auth is not buying me much (since it's coming to the same phone unit) is it possible to make it work with application specific password? (not only for the contacts but for voice as well).

Thanks!
I don't know a way to log into GV using just the application specific password. That was the first thing I tried when I first attempted to code for two factor login.
If you (or anyone else) knows how, I'd be happy to code it up.
There is no public API for Google Voice...
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Hi, I am N9 user and
Can you add the field named "forward" in the program, as is done in the program "Google Voice plugin For Conversations and Calls" for the Nokia N900.
for me it is a very useful function
PS and sorry for my english

The Following User Says Thank You to DraikoN For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DraikoN View Post
Hi, I am N9 user and
Can you add the field named "forward" in the program, as is done in the program "Google Voice plugin For Conversations and Calls" for the Nokia N900.
for me it is a very useful function
PS and sorry for my english
Its been some time since I've used my n900 for actual phone calls, so forgive my ignorance: What exactly does it "forward"? SMS texts?

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Its been some time since I've used my n900 for actual phone calls, so forgive my ignorance: What exactly does it "forward"? SMS texts?
ok, look. I live in Russia and i need google voice for free cals. I need function like call forwarding. Look, I came up with a scheme:
1. I registered SIP account here
2. In N9, in the accounts I have set up VoIP / SIP. and turned off the "use for phone calls"
3. next Register fake U.S. number here
SIP username - write the user name before the @
Hostname or IP-write sip.iptel.org
from 1 step
4. next i registered new US google account and registered google voice (new phone). to confirm I put the phone number from 3 step

after all this steps I need In the advanced settings in the "forward" insert American number from step 3.

I can not explain better, sorry

UPD: for example: I open application, dial the number +15705249000 (order pizza).
The call is completed, and to me will call my Google number, I answer and wait until the pizza picks up the phone!
ha ha FREE CALLS. do U understand?

Last edited by DraikoN; 2013-01-07 at 20:19.

Originally Posted by DraikoN View Post
ok, look. I live in Russia and i need google voice for free cals. I need function like call forwarding. Look, I came up with a scheme:
1. I registered SIP account here
2. In N9, in the accounts I have set up VoIP / SIP. and turned off the "use for phone calls"
3. next Register fake U.S. number here
SIP username - write the user name before the @
Hostname or IP-write sip.iptel.org
from 1 step
4. next i registered new US google account and registered google voice (new phone). to confirm I put the phone number from 3 step

after all this steps I need In the advanced settings in the "forward" insert American number from step 3.

I can not explain better, sorry

UPD: for example: I open application, dial the number +15705249000 (order pizza).
The call is completed, and to me will call my Google number, I answer and wait until the pizza picks up the phone!
ha ha FREE CALLS. do U understand?
I think I understand, but let me repeat so you can confirm:
When you make a phone call, you want Google Voice to call you back on the SIP account you have configured on your N9.
After you pick up the call, GV will call the other side (the Pizza guys) and connect you both.

If that's what you want, then it's already present in qgvdial:
On the settings page under "Dial settings" you should see all the phone numbers that you have registered with Google Voice (including the SIP number). The prefix is either "Dial out" or "Dial back".
Select "Dial back: <Your sipgate number>".
This will make GV call your SIP when you dial the Pizza guy and then once you pick up the phone SIP account, GV will contact the Pizza guy.

HTH.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=uvatbc;1312186]I think I understand, but let me repeat so you can confirm:
When you make a phone call, you want Google Voice to call you back on the SIP account you have configured on your N9.
After you pick up the call, GV will call the other side (the Pizza guys) and connect you both.
/QUOTE]

man, you're a telepath!
but I thought that I need to add my US phone number. I checked - it works
thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to DraikoN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Earth
What is the status of this app?

I have installed it (apt-get).

I have no SIM card in my phone, I am connected over WiFi.

I have my SIP account (SipGate) set up in my GV account as my call back number. qgvdial recognizes it, and I have it set to Dial Back on my SIP number.

But when I try to make a call, nothing happens.

When I try again, it says a call is in progress.

Now I get constant notifications saying Call Progress 100%. The app appears to run in the background? No way to close it?

Does this have anything to do with "Enable Phone Integration"? What is that for?

Another issue I have is with 2-step authentication. If you want to use your N900 for free calls only (Sip + GV), then you would need to receive a text to log into qgvdial, and if you aren't logged in, you can't retrieve this text. So you are stuck.

"Fallback Dial Failed" is what happens when I try to call a third party from the app. The built in phone app pops up and immediately disconnects.

Also, every time I log in, it asks for my application-specific password, again. Which means I have to get on a computer and generate a new password for it.

Am I doing something wrong? Er, how much am I doing wrong?

Originally Posted by MTCONE View Post
What is the status of this app?
Status of the app and its developer: Its alive!! Its aliiiive!

I have installed it (apt-get).
I have no SIM card in my phone, I am connected over WiFi.
I have my SIP account (SipGate) set up in my GV account as my call back number. qgvdial recognizes it, and I have it set to Dial Back on my SIP number.
But when I try to make a call, nothing happens.
That is interesting...
Making a call means sending a request to the Google Voice servers.
qgvdial initiates this request and waits up to 30 seconds for a response. Without an "ok" response from the server, you're not going to get a call back on your SIP number.
Network problems (among others) can interfere with the call process.

When I try again, it says a call is in progress.
The previous call request hasn't timed out.

Now I get constant notifications saying Call Progress 100%. The app appears to run in the background? No way to close it?
qgvdial *does* run in the background by default.
Press and hold the close button to really quit.

Does this have anything to do with "Enable Phone Integration"? What is that for?
Thats a feature that isn't working yet. Ignore it for the moment.

Google changed its authentication mechanism a few weeks back and everything in qgvdial stopped working.
At the time this happened I was working on the phone integration and I needed to keep that aside to get the auth working again.
I pushed out a new release without the phone integration bits.

The result is that the UI has the button but it doesnt do anything .... yet.

Another issue I have is with 2-step authentication. If you want to use your N900 for free calls only (Sip + GV), then you would need to receive a text to log into qgvdial, and if you aren't logged in, you can't retrieve this text. So you are stuck.
Google has specifically mentioned that you shouldn't use your Google Voice number as the SMS authentication method - to avoid the exact problem that you've described!
But wait! I know what you want to do and here's a workaround that I use:
Somewhere in GV there is a setting to send all texts to gmail.
Use that and the 2 factor sms will be sent as an email to your gmail, which you should have configured on your n900.

"Fallback Dial Failed" is what happens when I try to call a third party from the app. The built in phone app pops up and immediately disconnects.
Send me logs. click on the send logs button in the app.

Also, every time I log in, it asks for my application-specific password, again. Which means I have to get on a computer and generate a new password for it.
Again: Logs please.

Am I doing something wrong? Er, how much am I doing wrong?
Lets get qgvdial working for you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Is there a way to play a tone (ringtone, whatever) when I get an SMS message.

If this is possible, is it also possible to play a tone (possibly different) when I get a SMS from someone I actually care about (possibly by designating a special tone in their contact listing)?

Finally, is there a way to see a notification of a waiting SMS message on the Nokia N9 black and white lock screen. I'm sorry, I forget what it's called. It comes up when my phone has been sitting idle for a bit.

Originally Posted by eachna View Post
Is there a way to play a tone (ringtone, whatever) when I get an SMS message.

If this is possible, is it also possible to play a tone (possibly different) when I get a SMS from someone I actually care about (possibly by designating a special tone in their contact listing)?

Finally, is there a way to see a notification of a waiting SMS message on the Nokia N9 black and white lock screen. I'm sorry, I forget what it's called. It comes up when my phone has been sitting idle for a bit.
No to all questions, but they're good ideas. I'll work on them.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post: