is this meego for users also or just developers?

If it is for users and we get the update to upgrade, will it allow dual boot to go back and forth between Maemo and Meego?

Anybody who reads this forum regularly must know this info appears correct as the best N900 users can hope for in the short term is the DE version of meego and that is clearly aimed at Developers/power users.

As an example I understand the web browser is still taking nearly 45 seconds to open.

Anybody expecting meego to replace maemo in the short term is going to be disappointed.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
source doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. Please ignore youmobile.org as it is usually entirely full of crap

MeeGo 1.2, the platform, comes out on 19th. Platforms are not for end users. They are for others to build on top of.

MeeGo 1.2 Developer Edition 'beta' will come out same time as SF conference for MeeGo and is targetted for hackers and developers.

There will be nothing for end-users.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
source doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. Please ignore youmobile.org as it is usually entirely full of crap

MeeGo 1.2, the platform, comes out on 19th. Platforms are not for end users. They are for others to build on top of.

MeeGo 1.2 Developer Edition 'beta' will come out same time as SF conference for MeeGo and is targetted for hackers and developers.

Ok, I can sleep easy now

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
lol

Double dam, I'm the third one, so I'm a little disappointed.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by gerdich View Post
I can't wait!!!

What will be the features?
Dalvik?
Flash 1.2?
OVI-Maps with speech?
Why on earth would these be features in MeeGo DE? Reply in 2 sentences or more.

I'm running a build of MeeGo DE from last night, and it looks pretty sweet. Got the Golden Gate bridge as the background image and everything. Absolutely loving the feel of the on-screen keyboards!

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I'm running a build of MeeGo DE from last night, and it looks pretty sweet.
I booted one of the images from last week, that the qa-report said had working PIN input ... but I wasn't prompted to enter my SIM pin, and I couldn't find a place to enter one ...

Without working telephony, I am not really prepared to run it for long at present ...

Is SIM PIN input working? How?

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
I booted one of the images from last week, that the qa-report said had working PIN input ... but I wasn't prompted to enter my SIM pin, and I couldn't find a place to enter one ...

Without working telephony, I am not really prepared to run it for long at present ...

Is SIM PIN input working? How?
It asks for my PIN as well and doesn't accept anything except the correct code, but so far I've only gotten SMS' out of my phone. No calls work and neither does 3G internet.

The phone gets reception and even shows reception in bars and catches my operator name from the SIM.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
currently running

1.1.99.7.201105113.4.DE (sanity)

meego-pin works on start.

calls working ok
sms send and receive working.

EDIT: refer to Meego 1.2 Developer for N900 thread

think i'll keep all my posts there from now on

Last edited by onethreealpha; 2011-05-21 at 07:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:

Tags
false alarm, move along