ok i know i have read this somewhere in this N900 forum but it just my opinion that everyone should just reflash their n900. here is why

-for some damm reason, right after the reflash of my n900, the battery seem to improve greatly. at first my n900 would only last, about 9-15 hours of briefly browsing and using 3g and listening to music, and now it lasted a day and a half now as i'm listening to music and browsing the net right now <still have about 35% left>

-i think i heard this before, but reflashing also seem to solve a lot problem of my n900 rebooting none stop, one thing i did notice is when i install the apps that allow you to see the cpu load, everytime my cpu load to the max or rather the bar in the apps reached the red, my n900 would reboots and now after reflash, once again, the cpu has stop being load to the max and less reboots or rather no reboots happen at all

-another point i also have seen floating around this forum is that the reboots and soon leading to the n900 being bricked could possibly caused by a program that hog the cpu load and battery drain and like i said before, reflashing seem to did the trick with both

-btw sorry for the long post, i also have a quick question for you all is that after flashing the n900, did all the programs that originally came with the n900 stay the same or some of the programs change. if someone can check that out, maybe we can pin point to see if that program was the causes for the all reboots and the battery hogging .

When I reflashed my n900 (to no avail) I didn't notice any of the programs changing.

I'll be monitoring this post and its replies to see what I should do when I get my replacement n900 later today in the mail.

My n900 rebooted constantly and bricked and all that jazz. Rebooted it with every image possible and nothing helped. Sent in for a replacement. Reflashing the phone is such a simple process though, if it will help I'll do it, why not?

The Following User Says Thank You to KD Epic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hmmm my N900 is fine except the battery.. It drains quite fast...

Hmmm... Idk if reflashing solves the battery issue... Can someone confirm this?

how can I reflash?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I have had no reboots at all. I have personally powered down a couple of times.

My battery lasts longer than I need - I have never yet seen the yellow, let alone the red battery level... never got much below half full in a day.

My n900 runs like silk, without the slightest problem.

i guess I'm just extremely lucky.

Why would I take the risk of reflashing it and spoiling it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f...29.2FWindows_7

follow that guide , but when you get to here

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

make sure you type actual name of the bin of the flash you download not the one they show other wise it won't run like

flasher-3.5.exe -F "your exact name of your.bin files you download" -f -R

The Following User Says Thank You to bltcool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bltcool View Post
-another point i also have seen floating around this forum is that the reboots and soon leading to the n900 being bricked could possibly caused by a program that hog the cpu load and battery drain and like i said before, reflashing seem to did the trick with both
just click the links in my signature. reflashing doesn't help, bricking can be avoided by manually shutting down and powering up before 17 random reboots has occured.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
just click the links in my signature. reflashing doesn't help, bricking can be avoided by manually shutting down and powering up before 17 random reboots has occured.
hmmm if reflash won't help the boot problem, maybe it can still help about the battery draining problem, can someone that have n900 and have bad battery usage willing to reflash and see if their battery improve???

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
why reflash is the phone works fine ???
silly

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to val580 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by val580 View Post
why reflash is the phone works fine ???
silly
it's like fresh start i'd like to do it every 6 months or so

Tags
reflash once a day