Notices

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
as one of the developers working on maps software (OSM Scout Server, offline provider for use with the map clients), I am curious. What did you find missing in them? Has it been covered in github issues of the projects already or is it something different? Constructive critique is welcome, it helps to evolve.
- Night mode
- Better search capabilities. At least in the US, it does not find addresses reliably. Tried all options: OpenCage, OSM Scout, Photon.

(FYI, using on Onyx in case it matters)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lfc22 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,494 | Thanked: 7,159 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
I very much do miss the following "stupid" feature : if I simply tap somewhere in the map, I can see point-to-point distance from my location. Nothing fancy, and usually I do it when I want to get a feeling how far is that from me instead of a super-accurate timing for a walk / drive. And as a human being, I am quite often driven by feelings :-D
Looks like it should be easy to implement in modRana - there is even a "point info" page you can show after long pressing any point on the map where the distance from current position could be shown.

I've created a tracking issue - if you have a GitHub account, you can subscribe to it to be notified once the feature is implemented.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Prague, CZ & Montreal, QC
^^ Díky

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,494 | Thanked: 7,159 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
^^ Díky
V pohodě.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 148 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by lfc22 View Post
- Night mode
- Better search capabilities. At least in the US, it does not find addresses reliably. Tried all options: OpenCage, OSM Scout, Photon.

(FYI, using on Onyx in case it matters)
actually whogo-maps has nightmode

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smatkovi For This Useful Post: