Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Well, january update will be a feature update.
We sure need lots of them but every improvement is very welcome. Do we new what features or areas?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Agree 100% about the Ambience. I guess Jolla's reasoning is that eg. when you go into a meeting, you might want to stick a silent Ambience on, so a quick change is essential. I think it's overkill. As other's have said, one of the directions would be better suited to the last open app.

The Ambience selector is also present on the Task switcher screen swipe, where maybe a better use could be found.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Ok, but apart from peeking the clock and notifications for messages, what else use is the home screen coming from dark/shutdown screen?

Something like 90% of time, homescreen really is only a chore. You can't even click on message/email notification to take you to those messages. And having two different gestures for Ambiance change is just a massive opportunity lost. Does anyone change Ambience often enough for it warranting even a single gesture from home screen, not to mention the two existing two gestures from homescreen?
I do. Well not so much right now but I'll want to be able to change ambiences fast when they're about more than just the color and the ringtone volume. I'm not sure about the reason of using both edges for the same gesture but there must be one, they did the same with pushing apps away to home too.

And of course you mean lockscreen instead of homescreen don't you?

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Ok, but apart from peeking the clock and notifications for messages, what else use is the home screen coming from dark/shutdown screen?

Something like 90% of time, homescreen really is only a chore. You can't even click on message/email notification to take you to those messages. And having two different gestures for Ambiance change is just a massive opportunity lost. Does anyone change Ambience often enough for it warranting even a single gesture from home screen, not to mention the two existing two gestures from homescreen?
I agree that there are some 'lost opportunities' in the current homescreen structure, and that a single gesture to select the ambience should be enough.
Did you open already a question/proposal about it on Together?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I must admit, I love being able to quickly glance at my N9 and get date, time, batt, signal, wifi, BT.......

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
However they decide to revise the lockscreen, I hope they won't clutter it. I am a fan of "keep it simple" and clean designs...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
If the Jolla is anything like the N9, I would bet that eventually somebody would eventually work out a way to customise the 'status' area to have whatever you want.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
However they decide to revise the lockscreen, I hope they won't clutter it. I am a fan of "keep it simple" and clean designs...
I fully agree. However date and battery wouldn't hurt on the lockscreen IMHO.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by genchigenbutsu View Post
If the Jolla is anything like the N9, I would bet that eventually somebody would eventually work out a way to customise the 'status' area to have whatever you want.
this would be the best option

I agree fully, I would like too see much more use&functionality on both home and lock screen. Gestures for ambience change are wasted ones, I would like to see that function moved to pulley
menu.