Active Topics

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
exactly - automatic connections, automatic DNS to Google (in Android VM) -- why again did the average Finish user need Jolla for that?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
https://together.jolla.com/question/...legacy-option/

Please vote guys

Edit: it's the option that I've described on the first post about manually selecting an internet connection like on the N900/N9

Last edited by HtheB; 2014-01-02 at 17:26.

I am absolutely torn about the Jolla. I love the concept, the device itself, the fluidity of the OS... but I'm still considering going back to the n900.

I can live with the bugs that will be fixed, like connection issues, android app problems and maybe even with things that might not ever be fixed (white noise in the audio output when connecting to car stereo), but there are things I miss from the n900 that are kinda hard to swallow.

Strange as it may sound, to me the Jolla seems like the opposite of multitasking. With the n900 I used to have a lot of chat / message windows open, going back and forth between them. Maybe not always a lot, but two or three windows were pretty much business as usual.

With the Jolla it seems I'm going to be limited to just one window of the same app, whether it is in the built-in message system, with external Whatsapp-apps or with the android Whatsapp.

At the moment I'm still kinda holding out for a qwertz-HWKB, because that's the one thing that might make the Jolla a bit better for me, as I find the touch-KB terrible to write with. (and I mean ALL smartphone touch KBs, this is not Jolla's fault)

And the android-app possibilities are great. That's another thing I would miss if going back to the n900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozymandias For This Useful Post:

Tags
critism, jolla, opinion, sailfish os