Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by CyberCowboy View Post
Dan I have to ask, where did you still get a new in box n800? I've seen a few shops on Amazon.com that say they have 1 remaining in stock but they're all companies I've never heard of and I'm nervous about ordering from a noname If you have a company you ordered from that has some in stock I'd love to hear about your experience with them.
I am an avid eBayer. A gentleman in San Diego, California listed 5 on eBay. He had a high positive feedback rating and I live about 70 miles from him. I paid $150 total. Everything was sealed in original box. He shipped to me immediatly and I received it in about 3 days.

Do you by chance have his e-mail address that you would be willing to either PM me, or if you don't feel comfortable doing that sending him a mail on my behalf asking if he is able to get more still sealed? I can't make the purchase now but as soon as the credit card paperwork goes through I'm going to be in the market again.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by CyberCowboy View Post
Do you by chance have his e-mail address that you would be willing to either PM me, or if you don't feel comfortable doing that sending him a mail on my behalf asking if he is able to get more still sealed? I can't make the purchase now but as soon as the credit card paperwork goes through I'm going to be in the market again.
I just sent you a PM.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
@ Den: My N800 has seen a lot more use lately thanks to the progress being made by the developers in this community. Video on Skype would be really cool. Whoever gets this working will definitely be my hero.

@ Texrat: I have also bookmarked your blog. Your "Why I love Nokia’s internet tablets" struck a number of chords. Even down to the comment about the C=64 community.

Ditto on your recent post about the current state of many HR departments. GRRRR!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to moja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by moja View Post
@ Den: My N800 has seen a lot more use lately thanks to the progress being made by the developers in this community. Video on Skype would be really cool. Whoever gets this working will definitely be my hero.
not going to happen, as the skype app is closed source...

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Its funny. When I bought my N800, I was excited. Then it feel out of favor. Then I restarted my use of it on a smaller scale, and it was there I started seeing the benefits of the platform. It was also such of a device to allow me to experiment a bit more.

Right now, my N800 is taking a break. I've recently purchased an N97 and that will be taking many of the lessons learned with the N800 (and my N95) and moving forward from there. I fully expect to get a new tablet, and grow from that use even more. For that, I think that the N800 is a great example of the possibilities. Sure, its not cleanly done (UX needs work still), but the lessons that can be taken forward seem legendary.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Bradford, (England)
had mine since December '07, and as battered it is, the problems that occur, i love 'it' ! haven't fell for the hyperphone, and this gadget is alot more intuitive.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
Originally Posted by tso View Post
not going to happen, as the skype app is closed source...
Oh yeah, that totally slipped my mind. When then heck is eBay going to wake-up and smell the coffee? They really need to open-source Skype.

Oh well. Skype with no video on my N800 is still pretty cool. And pretty solid, too.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by moja View Post
Oh yeah, that totally slipped my mind. When then heck is eBay going to wake-up and smell the coffee? They really need to open-source Skype.
given some recent events, ebay may not be able to do so (freakin intellectual "property" battles).

As some may see I did the same as the OP and replaced a failed N800 with another N800. I looked at what I use the device for and there was NOTHING on the market that has all the features I was looking for, in a form factor I was comfortable with as well as the N800. While a Keyboard would be nice what is lost by going to the N810 (second card slot, switching to micro-sd, no swivel camera) wasn't made up for, especially since I already own a bluetooth foldable keyboard that can ride in a shirt pocket for when I need to do serious typing.

The Following User Says Thank You to CyberCowboy For This Useful Post: