Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Thanks man. I wonder why it installed at all straight from openrepos, without complaining about dependencies?
No complaining at all. Even rebooted the device twice and the icon is still missing. Maybe it will show "soon"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
No complaining at all. Even rebooted the device twice and the icon is still missing. Maybe it will show "soon"
I mean why did the package manager allow you to install it in the GUI, without any of the dependencies?

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
I mean why did the package manager allow you to install it in the GUI, without any of the dependencies?
Don't know
The strange thing is that i removed both Clutch and Transmission the same way and only transmission icon doesn't show. Is there a way to run it by terminal?

EDIT: just opened Clutch and sudenly the Transmission Web UI showed both option of adding the torrent and download

Last edited by deutch1976; 2017-07-20 at 15:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Don't know
The strange thing is that i removed both Clutch and Transmission the same way and only transmission icon doesn't show. Is there a way to run it by terminal?
Yeah the Transmission package just installs a binary, it's more like a traditional linux package than an "app" - it doesn't have a desktop file, so it won't show up in the home screen.

From the openrepos page for my build of Transmission:

Build of Transmission for use with Clutch, the Silica frontend for Transmission.

This build uses different settings to NielDK's build, mostly things that have been disabled to keep the package minimal:
  • Transmission-qt not included
  • Commandline utilities transmission-(create|edit|remote|show) not included
  • No systemd unit file for transmission-daemon
  • Doesn't create transmission user
  • Disabled transmission-cli, native language support

If you intend to run Transmission more like you would on a headless server as a background process, you might prefer to use NielDK's build. Clutch starts transmission-daemon in the foreground and kills it when the app exits, so this package is designed to be as lightweight as possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
It' working fine now and already made a few downloads. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post: