This post maybe spoooooky

I bought my first N800 in 2007 and it has worked exceptionally well. I bought a second one from sweden in 2010 that had the screen jitter problem I used it as a media player. I removed its battery and forgot about it for nearly twelve months When I bought a new battery for the reliable one I decided to check out the crippled one and to my surprise the jitters had gone away.

While perusing the boards I found mention of the screen rolling problem. I bought a second battery to put in my reliable one and upon switching it on the screen started rolling, huh?

Anybody think these tablets are psychic?

Anyway I am wondering if phantom power from the small onboard battery either dying or discharging could affect the screen circuitry in such a way that it remembers the screen having a problem until the onboard battery is completely flat and then somehow the problem goes away.

Kind of like CMOS memory and how a PC goes whacky when the coin battery is flat or nearly so.

Kind of like how a CRT screen will deflect the projected image under influence of a magnet and then compensate Then when the magnet is removed will distort again but then correct itself. This happened when i put speakers too close to my old CRT monitor once.

Ciriouser and curiouser

regards

Last edited by jimbarnes; 2012-08-19 at 18:22.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
I have the very same problem on my N800.

And it's a pain because I LOVE the device. I just would be happy if i could solve the issue.

Regards.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Well, I have some news.

In my case, I don't really know on others, the screen behavior is just related to a dying battery.