Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nottingham
mine doesn't flip anymore.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
iirc, its a dbus issue, where a flag fails to be set (or gets incorrectly set). And funny enough, it can vary from program to program used.

the idea was interesting for its time, but as UMTS phones have made multiple cameras more common (and therefor SOC's that can handle multiple cameras) one get a small camera facing the user and a larger facing the other way.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Just to share. I was at a poetry event over the US King day holiday and decided to use the livecast app to livestream the last couple of performers. People kept asking me "what is that??" They were blown away that I could do that. Only problem was that the swivel camera gave an upside down image so I had to face the camera at the performers.
Sondjata,

My "work a round" to this camera problem in Diablo is this:
Install "gconf-editor".
Run that utility.
Select "system"
Select "osso"
Select "af"
Check the box at the top that says "camera-has-turned'
Now when camera is turned out picture is not upside down.
However, if flipped toward you, it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
The way i solve the flip cam prob is to pull the battery for five minutes then reinstall.

The Following User Says Thank You to 68Guns For This Useful Post:
As of this date, there is still not a satisfactory device that could replace my N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I feel the same way about my N810 and am thinking about getting a backup for mine this year should mine die. Which it will sooner or later of course.
I'm also considering a non-Apple, non-Nokia larger sized tablet.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I feel the same way about my N810 and am thinking about getting a backup for mine this year should mine die. Which it will sooner or later of course.
I'm also considering a non-Apple, non-Nokia larger sized tablet.
After owning an N800, I think the perfect size tablet for me is one with a 5 inch display, still very portable yet easier to view.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
After owning an N800, I think the perfect size tablet for me is one with a 5 inch display, still very portable yet easier to view.
I'd like it to have maybe a 4.5" screen in a form-factor more like -- oh-oh, hide your eyes, I'm going to say it -- the iPod touch. An N800 with a 5" screen in a body like the N800's: it just doesn't seem pocketable, nor could I easily carry it in a belt pouch. I already find the N800 chunkier/heavier than I like to carry.

I got myself an N810, didn't like it as well; got myself a back-up N800. Gonna sell the N810. Won't give up my N800's until [it's pried from my dead hands, or] someone comes out with a tablet that has
  • a screen at least as large;
  • a resolution at least as high;
  • and volume and bulk no greater.

I also have no plans on incurring any monthly charges.

I really like Maemo, but I'd consider some other OS if my hardware specs were met and it could smoothly handle browsing, movies, and e-books. For the web, I couldn't care less about "Web 2.0" (I don't need no Facebook) or Flash. Just print and pictures, ability to re-flow information like the old Fit Width to Page.

I was so cool when I got my N800 -- and now I sound like I'm just an Old Codger N800 User!

Well, it's been almost 2-1/2 years with the N800, and, much as I'd like a little more oomph and a smaller package, I won't be surprised if I'm still relying on it 2-1/2 years hence.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
I was so cool when I got my N800 -- and now I sound like I'm just an Old Codger N800 User!

Well, it's been almost 2-1/2 years with the N800, and, much as I'd like a little more oomph and a smaller package, I won't be surprised if I'm still relying on it 2-1/2 years hence.
Amen. Hell, I've basically gone over to the dark side with my ipod touch, but I had to haul out the n800 the other day because it pairs so effortlessly with my verizon phone for BT DUN while my jailbroken ipod has the hardest time even with the recently released DUN app by an inventive and clearly brilliant creator.

I have to say, I had to think long and hard about whether I should go back to the n800, but in the end, the experience with the iTouch is so immensely satisfying and seamless--not to mention stable--that I can't go back. That said, I've also toyed with giving my n800 to a family member, but just. cannot. bring. myself to give it up. I just know that it's going to save me again one day soon.

On a flight from California to New York last week I pulled out my N800 and watched one of my favorite movies. Not much reaction from the guy seated next to me until I paired my external bluetooth gps receiver and monitored our plane's position on a Virtual Earth map. Although I did have a window seat, the gps receiver was placed on the pull-down tray.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post: