Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
Well, I just tried MediaBox and Quasar. They both look really nice. I think I'd lean toward MediaBox since it supports the OSK and uses your existing album artwork. If only it were as snappy as Quasar, I'd probably switch.

While they each have their pros & cons, for now I'm back to using Xmms. It just seems quicker, with the least delay between tracks.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey, anyone want to help me to get Jess (Xmms addon) running in full screeen?

I've got wmctrl already installed but I don't know the command line for it to work with this.

This visualization feature is pretty sweet, runs much better than I was expecting, and it would look awesome full screen.

Thanks.

I'm still hoping that someone can shovel off a command line answer for this question.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
I haven't played with my n800 much since I got the n900 but I like it a lot and would like to be able to port more applications to it.

One of the big issues for me as that I never got the qt4.6. on it. I found a git repository once but don't know if anybody ever got it backported to diablo. Does anybody here knows the status of qt.4.6 on diablo?

Having qt4.6. would allow us to backport several applications from the n900.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
I saw some discussion about it over here...

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=810010

...a little while back.

The Following User Says Thank You to moja For This Useful Post:
A friend of mine shared her music with me yesterday.

I have something like 15.6 days of Christian music if I played it all at once. *lol* Nice!

My tablet so rocks now!

Still waiting on a full screen JESS solution.

Can somebody call somebody for an answer on this?

Hey Den, were you able to figure out that link I gave you?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey Den, were you able to figure out that link I gave you?
Addison, I like "instant" viewing rather than downloading then playing, but thanks!

Addison, I got the xmms-jess plugin installed and it works very well. Thanks for the heads-up. No luck with going full-screen yet, though. I wonder if that option was left out of this build? Now if I can just find one that works on my Ubuntu-64 box.

I also installed the xmms-coverviewer plugin, which is really nice except I need to figure out how to get the font on the artist/title thing to stick.

If you figure out the cover viewer, can you post with a screenshot? I haven't tried that yet.

Well I've got some friends here that can figure out how to force JESS full screen. I'll ask later tonight.

If your tablet is on your desk or something at least it's more entertaining to look at than say Flip Clock.

Well, I dont have the fonts right yet, but here is what it looks like now. I have the playlist and coverviewer turned on, and the main Xmms window off.

Last edited by moja; 2010-11-12 at 18:13.

Thanks moja! Wow! That's hot!

I actually love Xmms so much I was thinking of a new wallpaper just for this.

I'll post it later. It will be intense.

Oh, and I forgot to come online last night to ask about JESS.

Whatever. *lol*