Active Topics

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
have you always been such a p*nis?
Search this forum or Google and you'll find your answer fairly easy.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Wow... what... irony.

Here's a thought, pb: take that sedative, and once you're relaxed, try going back through this thread with a tad more objectivity. I think you'll find the "penis" in the mirror. All I did was kindly offer you some background info after your initial rant, and you go on the attack. Nice. I see that the forum's biggest *** climbed into bed with you, too. Comfy?

Amazing how someone can so glibly twist the words of another. But then, given the hostility in your original rant, I'm not surprised. Sheesh.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Anywhere but here
It's pretty lame that they are out of parts, but I dunno. The fact that they even offer such replacement parts, and for free, seems pretty generous to me. Of course a promise of free parts is pretty meaningless untill you actually get said free parts, but still. I understand customer service frustration, I've had this very strong urge to walk into every at&t store in the miami area for the express purpose of getting a whole bunch of charges of assault and battery brought up against me recently, but at least your tablet is still functional. Then again, I have a 770, slow, but pretty sturdy. And just for the record Texrat, I personally don't feel that you resemble a certain peice of my lower anatomy.

Originally Posted by FirebirdFeuervogel View Post
And just for the record Texrat, I personally don't feel that you resemble a certain peice of my lower anatomy.
Heck, and I was taking that as a compliment...

I just need to get the rules of forum decorum straight. Apparently some people here can be jerks, and some cannot. Sardonic humor is also apparently forbidden. Hey, I'm as slow as Nokia repair people, but give me time-- I'll get all this straight and then I'll be as sweet as can be.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I will stick with my original analysis Texrat = Richard Cranium

Thanks for playing!!

Penguin, I really didn't mean to set you off. My first post was dead serious (and meant in a helpful spirit), you mistook one facetious remark, and so I decided to play with you. A horrible crime, I know, given your obvious propensity toward lashing out.

Think what you will. I realized a while back you had developed a bias against me, and that's cool. Can't please everyone.

But can I be the Head Dick instead of just the Dick Head? I'd appreciate it!

Originally Posted by RioT View Post
Now what I would LOVE to see is a case mod putting the n800 is a 770 shell. I would probably buy a 770 just to do it.
Funny, I've been thinking of exactly the same thing lately. I've been wondering if it is even physically possible, even after dropping the camera, with the different volumes and placement of the various ports.
Then there would be the problem of the 770's microswitch for the magnet in the cover...

The best outcome would be for Nokia to come to its senses, and design the N900 with the portability of the 770 *and* the capabilities of the N800 :-)

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Anywhere but here
I'm with you about the n900. Honestly I think you'd have to fabricate a hardcover for the n800, straight up. If I had one I'd take a crack at it and show it to the industrial design people I know, but alas, my tablet fits in the 770 hardcover.

I played around a while back with the idea that the cover could double as the stand. Even had a workable concept. That sort of scenario might have helped penguinbait, too... certainly more than my post did.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Penguin, I really didn't mean to set you off. My first post was dead serious (and meant in a helpful spirit), you mistook one facetious remark, and so I decided to play with you. A horrible crime, I know, given your obvious propensity toward lashing out.

Think what you will. I realized a while back you had developed a bias against me, and that's cool. Can't please everyone.

But can I be the Head Dick instead of just the Dick Head? I'd appreciate it!
You can be the head dick or the disk head, I think you are being both. That said, you started the lashing out, maybe you need to go read the posts again. I may have been annoyed by your comments at first, but then you tell me I am going to burst, and I need to calm down, and I need drugs. I am fine, just sick of your crap.

Well my friend I do not need your drugs, nor do I need to calm down. If you want to state your opinions about Nokia thats fine. But when you make statements about me, like I need to calm down and take drugs. Just because you do not like or agree with what I am saying, you do not need to personally attack me, but since you did, F U.

I have teenagers I will not take crap from, I will most certainly not take it from you. So was my response to you talking shat about me overboard, I don't think so, but you are entitled to your opinion. I will make you a deal though, don't talk crap about me, and I won't talk crap about you. But its all free game otherwise, when YOU cast the first stone!!!