Plus you can use the 5% off coupon to make it 11 dollars cheaper.

Personally, I'm going to wait the two weeks to see what happens when the N810 is released.

Originally Posted by amigokin View Post
What I think is a steal is that, less than a year I bought a N800, it is available at half of the price I payed for it without any new release yet.
If you're willing to go tablet-less for a couple of weeks, the going rate at eBay for N800s is still surprisingly high. You might have to throw in some accessories as well to differentiate your offering, though.

I tried ordering one from the US since I couldn't find any here in Hong Kong and the courier rates are quite reasonable for a delightfully small package like the N800. Well turns out they weren't allowed to ship overseas due to export restrictions set by Nokia...

Anyway, Google did come up with this one: http://www.expansys.com.hk/p.aspx?i=144770

That's nearly 500 USD and they're shipped from the UK!

It's currently sold out at Buy.com, the price must have given them a ton of sales.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
I wasn't even looking for a device like the N800, but the new low price got me interested. Price is a huge deciding factor when buying "toys" that you're not sure you "need".

And when I learned that the N810 wasn't a replacement version, and OS2008 would be available on the N800.... well I just HAD to buy!

Nokia should aim to keep at least one version of the device in this lower price range to attract new users like myself.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Fayetteville, AR
I just recieved my n800 from buy.com for $226 shipped...AND I FRIGGEN' LOVE IT!!!

Can't wait for os 2008, mozilla browser's gunna be sweet!

This truely is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Congrats adsum and welcome to the site!

Oh, I meant to add, that the out of stock message that I mentioned was only there for a night, so it seems they've gotten more in.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
According to one of the guys I spoke to at Nokia's N810 stand at the What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision Show in London today, the N800 will in fact be discontinued, just as soon as they sell all their existing stock. This was in response to me complimenting them on their decision to continue to sell the N800 as an entry level tablet, in parallel with the N810. Shame.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Worrying if true, as it's contrary to everything which has been said coming out of the Maemo team itself. I'd put money on the Nokia rep being misinformed, unless he's really connected with the NIT business.