Notices

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Netherlands
Some new games (tetris, solitaire, bejeweled clone etc) tested with Nokia 770 on http://www.teemuharju.net

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Espoo, Finland
Yep.. I tested the games... Too bad that I got so hooked on Doom that I haven't had enough time to test the other games too much yet. These multiplayer games seem really interesting. Testing them would be fun. Only none of my friends have 770 yet. Well we all know why.

www.teemuharju.net

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ OC,California,USA
Someone should try to resize Counter-Strike,change it to .wad format and try putting it on the 770. Someone did that to the PSP and maybe it will work for thee 770. Also maybe Gta 1 and 2.
Its worth a try.

i think countertrike wouldn't be that easy without a keyboarb because you need that many buttons to reload,jumb and so on.
and the "doom-solution" having the buttons on screen is to slow to play against pc enemys

but gta would be great, as far as i just play san andreas, it should be fun to play gta 1 at the 770

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
GTA could be a possibility, but unless the code is out there (which I don't think it is), it would be a port; and that's a pretty hefty dev project, especially one which RockStar Games would most likely sue the pants off of.

CounterStrike? It's a 220mhz ARM processor. Your Pentium 1 120mhz has more processing power, try installing CStrike on that and see how it runs to give you an idea.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I figure I'll just post this here, more of an aside;

Last night in the pub I laid the 770 down and had a 2 player game of chess with a buddy over some pints. Yet another use, and it wasn't half bad!

Originally Posted by Hedgecore
Yet another use, and it wasn't half bad!
Have you tried against the computer? I havent lost a single game against human player with 770, but I cant beat even the easiest AI-player (which my friends can win). Wierd

I can't stand playing chess and analyzing every conceivable move for 10 mins before I make a move - - so the computer thrashes me every time

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Brasil
What about Quake? More demanding than DOOM, but it ran on 486s... I' d love to see quake running in a N770.

I recall seeing screenshots of Quake running on a 770 (Check the earliest images in the gallery here) but I also remember hearing that performance was abysmal.