Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Originally Posted by nowave7 View Post
Yeah I know what you mean. If it's any consolation to you (probably isn't), N9 is some 11 years old. I have one Garmin cycling computer, top of the line, only 4.5 years old, the on/off button completely disintegrated. The only button on the device made out of some sort of gumi, not even plastic. What's worse, Garmin is still operating, unlike Nokia, but refuse to repair the device, even though it's a well known problem, and a lot of users are affected. And that's not the only Garmin's flop when it comes to reliability. A small off topic rant on my side. Sorry, will stop now.
Thanks for your reply,

I am really glad that you have shared your story with us dude, My device has what you said the button is stuck inside once it is pressed and would not come back again to press it again, I would not work or function. As per your Garmin Device which I did not use in my life. I do not know why NOKIA is producing a device with low quality parts where it will malfunction after a while. considering Nokia N900 and it's built. This monster is way better than Nokia N9 regardless the low specification under the hood, it still working like a charm with full power.

Hi all,

I suffer a similar problem with my N9, the power and volume buttons do not work any more, nothing happens when I try them.
Unfortunately my N9 shutdown due to battery shortage and when I connect it to a power source it only shows the "battery charging" icon (a battery with a plug inside) but does not boot.

Is there a way to force it to start?

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hello,
I want to tell you something, the quality built of Nokia N9 is not as good as Nokia N900. Considering buttons dissolve inside on the long run. I had all NOKIA devices and never faced anything like this. Only Nokia N9 the power button just dissolved and won't press.

Good Device, Bad Quality.

Just give your device a nice R I P like I did.

That's why I prefer Nokia N900 more.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by fdanis View Post
Hi all,

I suffer a similar problem with my N9, the power and volume buttons do not work any more, nothing happens when I try them.
Unfortunately my N9 shutdown due to battery shortage and when I connect it to a power source it only shows the "battery charging" icon (a battery with a plug inside) but does not boot.

Is there a way to force it to start?
You have to be patient. It takes quite a long time before it starts if the battery is completely discharged.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2020 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
The N9 boots if you connect it to a power source, so you can carry a very small power bank with you and use it to boot the N9.

For shutdown you can just use the terminal or use the handy application PowerControl which gives you a icon that offers you the choice to reboot or shutdown.

You could try opening your N9 and repairing the button. But as the power button requires a nearly complete disassembly I would not recommend it if you don't have experience.
How do I turn it on by plug it in. When the phone is off, it only goes to charging screen

Enviado desde mi moto g71 5G mediante Tapatalk

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Jul 2021 @ Blueberry World
Originally Posted by taraletti View Post
How do I turn it on by plug it in. When the phone is off, it only goes to charging screen

You can try plug in and then immediately unplug when you see the Nokia logo. That is how I managed to get it to boot to OS.

For some funny reason, I have the same thing but when I moved house it fixed itself. I have no idea what happened, I put my phones all in the backpack that day.

The Following User Says Thank You to Danct12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Danct12 View Post
You can try plug in and then immediately unplug when you see the Nokia logo. That is how I managed to get it to boot to OS.

For some funny reason, I have the same thing but when I moved house it fixed itself. I have no idea what happened, I put my phones all in the backpack that day.
Thanks a lot for the data

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Yes, try if putting to a backpack or moving house helps.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I have same issues two times, replaced the back once. For the 2nd time I just cut the power button out (need to punk a hole a little larger than the button itself)

It works fine now with a "raw" button, please see the attached picture, I think there could be a flaw of the button design.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Ruirui View Post
Hi,

I have same issues two times, replaced the back once. For the 2nd time I just cut the power button out (need to punk a hole a little larger than the button itself)

It works fine now with a "raw" button, please see the attached picture, I think there could be a flaw of the button design.
Didn't work by plugin and unplug like suggestions. How to I take it out? Tweezers?

Tags
nokia n9, power button