Notices

It's the only old game I have to try out!

I am a Linux newbie and had a hard time getting this to work. I went through that whole convoluted giving myself root access process and got VIM to work so I can create directories in Xterminal and edit files and so on. I am still a bit hazy on the whole root access business but I followed the instructions and it seems to work.

It seems to get SCUMM to work you have to put the files in a directory off the root directory. I created a directory for the game there and copied in the two data files but the sound file is way to big. So instead I created links (using ln -s) to the files on the MMC card and that seems to work. It stutters a bit but runs. Without the sound file it would fail to start up past the LucasArts intro screen.

Is this how you're supposed to do it or is there a better way?

The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:
I just installed the scummvm maemo port from my mmc card, put the dot files into a folder on the same card, aded the game in scummvm and it worked.

You know I just tried it again and it worked but I am sure it wasn't letting me double click to change directories before. It would just try to choose it and say there were no games in it. Unless I was imagining things! Your way is much easier

Doh! I probably just wasn't double tapping the directories fast enough!

Can i run the PC version of Monkey Island on the 770 using SCUMMVM? a buncha sites say you cam, but how?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by marwan
Can i run the PC version of Monkey Island on the 770 using SCUMMVM? a buncha sites say you cam, but how?
You just copy the entire directory of the game to your 770. Then open scumm. Choose add game. Navigate to media/mmc/your game. Add the game. It should show up now in games list. Choose run game. I'm writing off my memory here, so excuse if the process is not 100% correct.

Originally Posted by konttori
You just copy the entire directory of the game to your 770. Then open scumm. Choose add game. Navigate to media/mmc/your game. Add the game. It should show up now in games list. Choose run game. I'm writing off my memory here, so excuse if the process is not 100% correct.

thanks dude, it worked!

wait....there is no sound! i messed with adlib and idfferent setting and still no sound. what should the setting be?

thanks again!

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Maybe the sound is compressed? In that case you need .deb from alternate port, check Application Catalog in maemo wiki http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationCatalog

Originally Posted by konttori
And don't forget to change the save directory within scummvm. If you don't change it your saves will be gone whenever you update your 770's firmware.