Notices

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by whitepanther View Post
It did not work before since it been first time downloaded. I've tried many times, but still nothing.
Could you try sending an MMS to your N900 from another phone and email me the log again so we can verify that DNA actually sends the MMS to your phone (if they don't, they have disabled MMS on your account for some reason).

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
i finally have been able to enjoy the luxury of fmms. it took a long time to get to that point after countless configuration attempts. before i upgrade to the latest version can anyone confirm it works in the usa on tmo network? i would hate to upgrade and then start having bug issues as it is finally working perfectly for me lol. i know i know i am supposed to be testing it but i am getting spoiled having this ability. scared to say good bye to it. lol
Works for me

Just wanted to follow up on my comment about wifi + havoc not working. My problem was that I could not send out MMS while I was connected to WiFi. I think salle74 had a similiar problem.

I solved it by deleting all my existing connections from Internet Connections in Settings.

Used these commands:
Reset all settings:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/fmms|grep apn
Should return: apn = xxxx
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/xxxx
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/fmms
Rebooted N900. Started fMMS and setup my information.

Now I can send out perfectly while connected to WiFi. I suspect I had to do this because I was using fMMS since the early versions and a lot has changed since then.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North West England
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Which one of the APNs are listed under "Connect Automatically" in 'Internet Connections' in the "Settings"-panel? If it's Vodafone GPRS, I'm afraid not much can be done until Nokia discloses the algorithm on how the APN is chosen
If the MMS APN is listed there please do (also stated in the first post).

Thank you all for testing, and PLEASE read the first post before replying. Thank you!
Hi - usually it's 'any connection' with 'switch to WLAN when available' but tried it with Vodafone GPRS and same happens, but only when leaving a wifi network. The re-setting back to the original connection after receiving an MMS always works fine. So this is more of a handset issue handling multiple connections, not an fMMS issue. Also tried it named both with MMS and zMMS, but always goes to MMS connection. Good news is the only difference to my bill is that instead of the internet session showing as 'internet', it showed as 'wap' for the MMS connection - and zero cost, so thankfully recognised as an internet connection and not an actual MMS message and included in my bundle. Thanks again, Ian

The Following User Says Thank You to itambrose For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frals View Post
I'm afraid this is out of my hands as I was assuming that "Connect Automatically to" would actually respect the choice made there, but seems not. >_<

Please VOTE for this bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9476. Vote - DO NOT add a "me too" comment. Thank you!
I'm still working on this issue, I've just gotten a bit side tracked with other things. Last status update was that I was injecting code into icd and getting it to segfault, which is some kind of progress.

On the more positive side of things is that I've recruited a colleague of mine to also hack on this. That's what he deserves for letting me trick him into buying an N900.

(Haven't heard a peep from Nokia though, so please keep voting for relevant bugs)
For those of you speculating wildly in this thread, the short summary is that the automatic choice of connection follows multiple behaviours so that even if it seems to work most of the time it will have conditions where it still misbehaves. Will post more information once I/we learn more on how the system works.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ossman For This Useful Post:
Hi Frals, thanks for all the hard work you have done on this app! Unfortunatly since I upgraded to V1.0.3 I have had problems. I havent had a chance to get the logs but what I am experienceing is that if someone sends me a MMS i will get it but will then get ithe same message 3 or 4 times over next few days and as multiple entries in the inbox? At present every time I try to send one i get "Error 32 broken pipe" I have tried doing a clean install but the problem remains. I wonder if anyone else has expeirenced this, im sure all my settings are correct. Im on T mobile in UK.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Stockholm
succesful config of fmms 1.0.3 with Swe operator Telia]

See attached pics.

notice: port# indicated by Telia in their service was not used. I used 8080 as mentioned in the wiki list.

I had to use havoc mode as it wouldn´t work in rudemode.

Wifi (i.e. Skype) seems to be swiftly disrupted.

I have a visable package data connection ¨Telia MMS¨ in my internet connection list that might be in use. .

Thanks for providing the fmms!
Attached Images

Just called to DNA and they told me that nothing blocked for my phone and all manualy made settings must work.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Hi all! I installed fMMS from extras-testing to try it out but the setup seemed to advanced for me at this stage so i uninstalled it from my applications list.

The program uninstalled fine (to my knowledge) but it has left an 'MMS' option in my internet connections in settings.

Can someone tell me how do i delete this? It doesnt seem to allow me to delete a connection from my settings menu... Will it affect anything when the time comes that it is available in extras or is it not something i should be worried about?

Hoping you can help!
Easiest is to install fAPN (from Extras) and remove the "MMS" access point (it should be visible in the list), otherwise you can use the terminal:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/fmms|grep apn
Should return: apn = xxxx
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/xxxx
and then
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/fmms
to remove all fMMS settings

Originally Posted by whitepanther View Post
Just called to DNA and they told me that nothing blocked for my phone and all manualy made settings must work.
Please try this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...294#post655294, thanks!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Feature request: Blinking LED for MMS.

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python