Maemo Community e.V. - Invitation to the General Assembly 2022

Dear Member,

The meeting will be held on Thursday, March 17th 2022 at 20:00 CET on irc.libera.chat channel #maemo-meeting.

Unless any further issues are raised, the agenda includes the following topics:
1. Welcome by the Chairman of the Board
2. Determination of the proper convocation and the quorum of the General Assembly
3. Election of the Board Directors
6. Any other business

Requests for additions to the agenda must be submitted to the Board in writing one week prior to the meeting (§ 9.2 of the Statutes).

On Behalf of the Maemo Council, Jussi Ohenoja

Link: Original article.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CommunityCouncil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Dear members of the council,

corresponding to § 9 (2) of our articles of association are motions to be hand in to the council one week prior to the general assembly.
I hereby exercise this right to apply.
For the previous board members Guido Griese and Rüdiger Schiller exists no more contact, no resignation letter or certificate of death
is available. Therefore Mr. Griese and Mr. Schiller are to be removed from the board of directors corresponding to § 7 (7) of the articles of association.
Hence I request to add another topic to the agenda of 17.02.2022 from the general assembley on 17.03.2022 as follow:

3a) Dismissal of the board members

Therefore topic 3 will become

3b) Election of the board directors

Furthermore I request a new topic 4) Change of § 1 (2) of the articles of assosiation - headquarter

The reason: The former headquarter is in Kaiserslautern. This was the residence of Mr. Schiller and the post address of Maemo Community e.V.
After the dismissal of Mr. Schiller from the board of directors should the headquarter be moved to a new place where a board member resides.
I point out, that changes to the articles of association corresponding § 11 (1b) are only valid if at least two thirds of all valid votes cast to support the motion.
Note: the former topic 6) "Any other business", is not in context to the other topics and hence it should become topic 5).

Hereby I report, that to my knowledge the following canditates are available to the board of directors.

1. Jussi Ohenoja
2. Bernado Reino Romero
3. Christian Alexander Weniger
4. Roger Rudolf Alexander Rösch

Best regards

Christian Weniger

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Consider amendment to strengthen protections against members who walk away.
While I hope a new relevance will be found with Maemo-Leste we don't have the numbers of dedicated devs with 'skin in the game' anymore and the original hardware is wearing out.
I feel like there needs to be a 'last man standing' contingency
Perhaps finding a friendly NGO with similar purpose to be in place to take over the minimal leadership required should the user population and thus the leadership candidates drop too low as happened to OpenZaurus when they merged with Angstrom, which also eventually folded as a project.
https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/20...live-angstrom/
We also need an easy way to donate crypto into the bank account.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: