Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
The first stretch goal was larger SD card support. That one was done, though with ext3 support instead of exFAT, by popular demand.

The split screen is last mentioned on the roadmap in August:

Originally Posted by https://sailfishos.org/developmentroadmap/
Define the scope and designs needed for split screen UI implementation
So on that information it would be sensible to assume that didn't get past the design stage before it all went pete tong. At the last mer community meeting (which are increasingly turning into Jolla news days) they said they weren't done with reorganising the roadmap after losing so many people, so I guess we just have to wait and see. I should imagine it's definitely still on the to-do list though. Jolla don't intend to abandon support for tablets just because the Jolla one is finished. Sailfish now supports many different sizes and resolutions.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
The first stretch goal was larger SD card support. That one was done, though with ext3 support instead of exFAT, by popular demand.
By popular demand? Wow, they must have acquired the distortion field generator discussed a few pages back after all

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
By popular demand? Wow, they must have acquired the distortion field generator discussed a few pages back after all
It was quite clear at the time:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...#post-id-67564

https://together.jolla.com/question/...put-is-needed/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Which is why I agree with vitaminj and condemn prometheus's actions.

But marxian is right, prometheus did say exactly, "I do not encourage anyone to do the same, it is totally up to them whether they decide to stick with Jolla, wait for them to (if they ever) issue them a refund, donate that money (that they so happily implied in their blog post) or whatever..."

In other words, "it's up to you whether you want to play with everyone or be selfish and inconsiderate like me."
Not, as nieldk implied, "only I can be selfish and inconsiderate, screw everyone else".

If I am misinterpreting neildk's words, then I apologize.
Yeah, actually, you are for once correct. I am inconsiderate guy when it comes to companies like Jolla who were taking us for a fools for complete year now, also for companies that pretend that they are a startup while they have years of experience behind them (let's not forget that they were Nokia engineers once). And also don't give a crap about comments from smug people like Picho here. And yes, I am totally happy that I've got my money back....

If you are also asking me if I would feel bad that Jolla goes bankrupt? Absolutely not. Everyone is responsible for their actions and by the look where it got them, they did it by them selves. There are some hardcore Jolla lovers here but reading comments from other blogs, forums, etc, there are much more unsatisfied customers/backers/fans... So I wouldn't be so surprised to see them asking for their cc issuer for a chargeback. And also one more thing, someone mentioned that IGG will blacklist Jolla for their actions of not delivering what they've promised year ago, that is fine. At least there will be other companies that knows how to run their business...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
guys, you are focus to much on the money. I think it's more about how we want to do buissniess.

Do you think a buissniess is allowed to threat backers how they want just becouse they use crowedfunding. I don't. I want rules for crowedfunding and it should be treated as a regular buissniess and investments.

Sell stuff via webshop, crowdfunding or a store you should still have to payback and if you can't... die trying...bankruptcy. Businesses often fail and that is Becouse there is no more money or investments.

Jolla did both and noone is refunded. It's like next time Jolla/sail is on the market we get the device but pay when we have the money or simply choose to pay. That is rediculas. But its excactly what jolla do.

Most seems to ignore that they also side sales via webshop and that is illegal action not immediately refund.

But None of this should matters...if Jolla had no money, which they do and once again they are using it for other things and that is why this is a scam. They should be used to pay supporters and bring back honesty to the company before doing anything thing else.

I do hope Jolla succeeds to pay back all supporters to get rid of this ugly behavior. If not it will hunt any future sales by these people or brand. Intex phone won't get unpunished.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-02-14 at 09:19.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I want rules for crowedfunding and it should be treated as a regular buissniess and investments.
It is. You invest money and hope to get something in return. Sometimes you get, sometimes you don't.

if Jolla had no money, which they do and once again they are using it for other things
Like what?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It is. You invest money and hope to get something in return. Sometimes you get, sometimes you don't.

Like what?
A bad investment fine no probs. if Jolla goes bankruptcy.

Like what? Bring back operations and possibly sw development and sales.

What about the webstore sales that all seems to convenient ignore? Why are they not refunded?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
also for companies that pretend that they are a startup while they have years of experience behind them (let's not forget that they were Nokia engineers once).
Sorry, but experience has nothing to do with being a startup. Some startups have more experience and some have less. And I count Jolla being a startup because they are still trying to bootstrap their business. In the line of business and market they are it takes a lot of time to start it.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yeah, no need to put something else to market. Better to die trying to payback the backers...Go out in style!

Of course, its possible to knock android as the top dog OS for mobile devices. The future will prove that. Jolla didn't had the skill, the timing, the luck.

yeah, jolla ignored the stretch goals. Just assume it was fake to get your money. They spend money elsewhere.
In legal term that is called an embezzlement. Using money for something that is not originally intended...
Let's not forget that all those months they tried to convince people that everything will be alright. They new that they had financial issues due to their bad decisions, but they intentionally left that from their official announcements on their blog posts.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund