Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
The modded version works indeed with Google Spy Services installed.
Maybe it will also work without gapps since I had to restart my Jolla1 and the App once to make the GPS work.

I also increased my SWAP volume since the game is using up to 40% RAM and is a preferred target of the OOM Killer (https://together.jolla.com/question/...#post-id-96653 -> adjusted value to 20).

Happy gaming

Edit:
I also made a trainer account and didn't sign in with the Google mail, so maybe this is also needed to work properly.
Yeah, google login doesn't seem to work. Should work on JollaC, compass mode is useless (shows what's behind you), the GPS is an issue (neither of the modded apks work), pretty sure augmented part uses only accelerometer (also is not mandatory, you'll get a prerendered background). Btw take a powerbank with you, drains battery like crazy

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
for the gps to work,install google maps,launch it before launching the game,gps then will work fine in pokemon ,and then turn off maps.however sometimes maps should be opened again while in game if any error occurs again.
thats what I have been doing with any android app that works on gps, since i got my jolla

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to baboo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by baboo View Post
for the gps to work,install google maps,launch it before launching the game,gps then will work fine in pokemon ,and then turn off maps.however sometimes maps should be opened again while in game if any error occurs again.
thats what I have been doing with any android app that works on gps, since i got my jolla
the gps erroring behaviour is very weird, it works great when searching for gps lock (icon blinking), but with lock on tends to throw an error (especially when standing in the same place, while walking it seems to be gone, maybe AD is skipping sending same results from gps to the app to conserve battery? or maybe it's just pokemon go's pedometer misbehaving, the error tends to lock the game when in 'catching' mode so kind of annoying)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
I got Pokemon Go working on Jolla C without Google’s proprietary software. I used MicroG to make GPS to work

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by baboo View Post
My issue with that is that since Pokemon Go is so resource intensive, Sailfish tends to close Google Maps when I open it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
I got Pokemon Go working on Jolla C without Google’s proprietary software. I used MicroG to make GPS to work
Did you install all four apks?

Could you list which steps you took to make it work?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
That does not depend on Jolla only, but also at Fairphone willingness to sign the contract. As to the hype... yeah, thought we were past the 'killer app' era, most thought so (we had one every month or two, been a year since, how many ppl still play flappy bird or whatever was its name), sadly the pattern repeats, next killer app and again is not supported by any linux phone (officially released, internal builds of AD for fairphone/turing do not count)
Definitivly agree but the marketing team at jolla should tell Fairphone why to choose SFOS and the consumers should ask Fairphone but I guess we still are to few to get them to act.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Netherlands
So, Google Play and Maps or not required?

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Apparently, there is a x86 version available now.
My daughter found it yesterday and i am in between being proud of her for mastering basic hacking skills (trail and error i guess) and sad for loosing her to join the zombie army...
Look for "Pokémon GO_v0.29.2_apkpure.com.apk" if you want to test on Jolla Tablet.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-07-17 at 19:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: