Posts: 49 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Hi guys!

I'm pleased to tell you that I just submitted the native Safe app for Sailfish to Jolla Harbour! Let's see how long the quality assurance process takes.

As Jolla does not support paid apps yet, it's the free Safe lite version, but it will function as a full version during that time. I was planning to release the full version with a small fee, like for N9, when possible. Safe lite limitation will activate in some time after that. I hope you understand.

As for the questions about saving pictures and importing database from another applications, the answer is no to both of them. No such support at the moment of in the near future at least.

However, you can import an exported Safe database file if you were using Safe in Nokia N9 or Symbian phone previously.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Kallela View Post
Hi guys!

I'm pleased to tell you that I just submitted the native Safe app for Sailfish to Jolla Harbour! Let's see how long the quality assurance process takes.

As Jolla does not support paid apps yet, it's the free Safe lite version, but it will function as a full version during that time. I was planning to release the full version with a small fee, like for N9, when possible. Safe lite limitation will activate in some time after that. I hope you understand.

As for the questions about saving pictures and importing database from another applications, the answer is no to both of them. No such support at the moment of in the near future at least.

However, you can import an exported Safe database file if you were using Safe in Nokia N9 or Symbian phone previously.
What is going on, i still can't find the app in the store?
Barnabas Collins

Originally Posted by kollin View Post
What is going on, i still can't find the app in the store?
It's not there yet.

There were a rejection because of some library packaging policies I needed to fix. A new version was submitted on Monday, so let's see if that will get accepted. Hopefully I will get some results before weekend.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post:
Yet another rejection, so don't hold your breath. Fixed and resubmitted too already.

It seems they are pretty strict with their conventions, which is actually good in the long run, but with lacking and/or constantly changing documentation this gets a bit frustrating. QA times are somewhat long, so I guess other developers are fighting with similar problems as well and/or Jolla has quite limited resources for the QA testing, as not many new apps has appeared to the store yet.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post:
Thanks, this is good news! A password safe is one of the basic apps.
I am a user of Kalle's N9 safe and I am happy that I can continue to use it on the Jolla! There are quite a few of those apps, but somehow I like and trust this one.

I understand the free lite version will have temporarily full functionality until we are able to pay for the full version.
1) How is the end of this period determined? Time?
2) What will happen if this falls back to the lite version?

P.S.: I also think that keeping small jpegs would be a nice addition. I still use TAN lists for banking and would like to store them safely.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StefanP For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
I understand the free lite version will have temporarily full functionality until we are able to pay for the full version.
1) How is the end of this period determined? Time?
2) What will happen if this falls back to the lite version?
1) Yes, the end of the period is determined by time. I will release updates to extend the time, if and when needed.
2) After the expiration, Safe lite will not allow to add any new entries, unless you have less than 10. You can still browse all the previously added information, export the whole database to full version and so on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post:
Good news, Safe lite is now available in Jolla Store. Enjoy!

-Kalle

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post:

-Kalle
Thanks a lot!!

I got a question regarding the database. I got on my computer the software "Password Safe v3.29" which allows me to export in plain text/tabulated/csv.... Is there any way I can import everything into Safe? Or do I have to edit everything manually?

Manually creating the "import txt" would be possible? Is there any template for it?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom

-Kalle
Great work and very good.
One suggestion for the cover screen, have a lock now swipe/button?

Thanks for supporting Sailfish too.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria

-Kalle
How can i import my db file from n9 - the option i greyed out ?

Edit:
Got it! The safe.db file is located in "~/.local/share/harbour-safe-lite/safe.db" just replace it with your own db file by renaming it to safe.db and removing the default one!
Barnabas Collins

Last edited by kollin; 2014-01-28 at 14:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post: