Active Topics

Poll: Which OS would you like to have on your next smartphone?
Poll Options
Which OS would you like to have on your next smartphone?

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Well,when the nokia had said that they are going to announce meego,I think most of us waited for it(at least I did) but after the nokia/microsoft partnership, I heard some news that the maemo users are preparing to switch to webOS by now. My question is:How many maemo users we (still) have. Do you think it's going to be abandoned or you think it has a bright future? It would be cool to have N950. But, do you think the rumors about the N950 are real and we should wait for it, or you think no such miracle will happen? Or maybe we should wait for another surprise from nokia?
Originally Posted by govprog View Post
Now added a poll.
But just one side note:when I said maemo/meego I also meant any similar operating systems too(debian or meego alike(I think meego is fedora based if I am not wrong.))

Last edited by govprog; 2011-03-06 at 14:57.

.... why do you care ? why do these answers matter to you ?

Maemo has already been officially abandoned and has been for some time, so there has been no official Nokia support for some time.

As for community support, no one knows - why are you asking a question that cannot be answered ? As it has been pointed out repeatedly, you should only keep the N900 if you are happy with the state of it as it is NOW - community support is VOLUNTARY and can disappear overnight - there are no guarantees. Hell if Nokia pulls funding from TMO overnight (which it can), then your community support takes a big hit. No one here can guarantee community support.

As for N950, there are no "facts" about this device or even if it is a phone. What are you exactly asking here ?

Are you looking for some excuse to stay with Nokia or something ? No one here can give you definitive answers to your questions. Only pure speculation, hearsay and what their "gut" tells them.

If you need someone to reassure you that the maemo community will live on, my advice is to go find another community based on a system that is still officially alive, because Maemo is not going to offer you that assurance.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
ABSOLUTELY TRUE not a truer word can be said !!!!.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i am praud to be a maemo user and i will be a MAEMO user.i don't care anything now since i have got n900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
.... why do you care ? why do these answers matter to you ?
Could you please explain me why you don't care?
Maemo has already been officially abandoned and has been for some time, so there has been no official Nokia support for some time.
Yes, I see.
why are you asking a question that cannot be answered ?
Nobody knows how many N900 units have been sold?
As it has been pointed out repeatedly, you should only keep the N900 if you are happy with the state of it as it is NOW
I am asking about your state.
As for N950, there are no "facts" about this device or even if it is a phone. What are you exactly asking here ?
Asking your opinion about the existence of N950
No one here can give you definitive answers to your questions. Only pure speculation, hearsay and what their "gut" tells them.
Sorry.Perhaps I should have pointed out that I am asking about your opinion.
Are you looking for some excuse to stay with Nokia or something?
No,I am looking for a excuse about my worry that whether the debian will extinct or not.
And, did you want to frag me with your reply? Or I misunderstood?(Sorry if my message looks offensive.)

Last edited by govprog; 2011-03-06 at 09:43.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Why you don't care

Yes, I see.
As for community support, no one knows -
Nobody knows how many N900 units have been sold?

I am asking about your state.

Asking your opinion about the existence of N950

No,I am looking for a excuse about my worry that whether the debian will extinct or not.
And, did you want to frag me with your reply? Or I misunderstood?
Trolling wont get you anything

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
Trolling wont get you anything
I didn't want to troll anyone or anything. I just asked.Again I apologize if my message looks offensive.

Last edited by govprog; 2011-03-06 at 08:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to govprog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Can someone explain to me how people think this is trolling? That was one of the most calm and peaceful replies possible. govprog, don't worry, you're not trolling.

As for the answer, I have no clue how many users there are. More than all the active N900 users on here, for sure. *Shrug* And no, Nokia never released N900 sales numbers, so we don't know.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
The replies to your OP seem a bit harsh as it is something I have wondered myself however it is impossible to answer unless every MT user answer your question?

I understand Nokia sold around 1m N900's and around 100K maybe using MT regularly? I suppose the downloads of the latest popular app on this website may give a clue to the number of active users?

It would be intertesting to know how many users have downloaded the CSSU?

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Well,when the nokia had said that they are going to announce meego,I think most of us waited for it(at least I did) but after the nokia/microsoft partnership, I heard some news that the maemo users are preparing to switch to webOS by now. My question is:How many maemo users we (still) have. Do you think it's going to be abandoned or you think it has a bright future? It would be cool to have N950. But, do you think the rumors about the N950 are real and we should wait for it, or you think no such miracle will happen? Or maybe we should wait for another surprise from nokia?
Very fair question to ask and certainly no way trolling !!!.