Closed Thread
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
guess what, after i remover theme customizer, and rebooted, the phone went back to the n-series theme + the faenza icons ! + the old fonts that are bugging me !!!
Did you remove or did you purge? There's a difference. (Removing is what the app managers do, and what apt-get remove does; purge is what apt-get purge does, and there's no way to do that from the app managers) Also did you switch to some other theme? Theme customizer, even if it doesn't leave an entire theme folder behind, will still have various theme changes that are cached left over in various files. Switching to a different theme should recache stuff.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
guess what, after i remover theme customizer, and rebooted, the phone went back to the n-series theme + the faenza icons ! + the old fonts that are bugging me !!!
you need to apt-get purge themes customizer not just remove it....

but if u did purge it then try this...using filebox go to

home/user/.fontconfig

delete all files in this folder (make backup first) then reboot...change the themes & re install themes customizer...

Originally Posted by LTman View Post
Do any of you think that the cssu + the new device harmatten coming out soon could spark a new stage for the maemo /meego plaform namely r

roms galore
maybe more people would be attracted to these platforms and more devs modder and crackers and they would each develop a * tweaked* platform just like what is happening on the android scene
What sort of sense would that make? Distributing entire roms is necessary (or rather, very helpful) on Android because it's structured as a base system + apks, with app management only applying to the apks.

Maemo, like Debian, has the entire system controlled by dpkg and apt, and all the tools you need to replace arbitrary components with your own version are literally in the palm of your hand. Flashing a whole rom just seems like a long-about way to annoy yourself. You could do it as penance for using an iPhone, I guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
you need to apt-get purge themes customizer not just remove it....

but if u did purge it then try this...using filebox go to

home/user/.fontconfig

delete all files in this folder (make backup first) then reboot...change the themes & re install themes customizer...
purging didn't work, and the second method didn't work either

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
What sort of sense would that make? Distributing entire roms ... a whole rom just seems like a long-about way to annoy yourself. You could do it as penance for using an iPhone, I guess.
It's easier for people who have no interest in understanding how the update process works. "One rom" seems to click more than "update everything", since it intuitively feels like less work / a more complete update to some people. *Shrug*

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
I suggest this to debug this problem:
- install (reinstall) a fresh copy of some theme which uses Nokia Sans. For example you can get the original NSeries via terminal by typgin:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall hildon-theme-alpha

- switch to the fresh theme you just installed

If you still see some other font used than Nokia Sans, then I suspect you have messed the Nokia Sans font file (yeah, the actual file). To fix that, you need to get these files from other device (or reflash yours):
/opt/usr/share/fonts/nokia/nosnb.ttf
/opt/usr/share/fonts/nokia/nosnr.ttf
/opt/usr/share/fonts/nokia/nosns.ttf
/opt/usr/share/fonts/nokia/nscnr.ttf

If still no go, make a backup and do a reflash.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
- install (reinstall) a fresh copy of some theme which uses Nokia Sans. For example you can get the original NSeries via terminal by typgin:
sudo gainroot

If you still see some other font used than Nokia Sans, then I suspect you have messed the Nokia Sans font file (yeah, the actual file). To fix that, you need to get these files from other device (or reflash yours):

wow, i didn't mess with any file, i just installed some fonts using theme-customizer, ok i'm reinstalling the alpha theme now, i hope i get some luck, becasue its not the time for a reflash, i don't have the time to reinstall alll my stuff

purging didn't work, and the second method didn't work either
reflash for god's sake. =.=

Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
reflash for god's sake. =.=
dude with my 256 kbps connection its going to take ages to download my apps ....
and yes 256 kbps is the fastest internet connection i can get my hands on... damm i miss the 1.5 mbps i used to get in AussieLand.

Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
sudo gainroot

ok... changing the theme thing didn't work, so can anyone please share these /opt/usr/share/fonts/nokia/nosnb.ttf
??/??
thanks .

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade