Active Topics

Poll: Did you conver anyone to Maemo?
Poll Options
Did you conver anyone to Maemo?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Im not trying to bully anyone in to buying an N900 to play games.

What are you trying to prove? I already said the Apple/iPhone gaming experience might be better and easier the obtain.
My point was that the N900 gaming situation is not grim.
If you want to play some games on the N900, you can

For me, gaming on the N900 is ok(i never specifically said that its better then Apple/Android), especially if you are used to keypad/joypad type of controller.
I mentioned Asphalt being more modern then Colin McRae.
I actually tried it on my friends iPhone and the game itself looks really good but i didn't feel comfortable playing it on the touch screen.
Do not take yss to heart, he is just being his usual self and just loves to create an argument, i agree on your comments and as for piracy... hell yeah why the hell not and who is going to stop piracy? it is what makes the world go round so just ignore the efforts of people trying to catch you out.

Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
So let me see if I got this right...
You are travelling back in time, and your boss is following you.
So ...

Originally Posted by sak500
Come with me if you want to live!
Originally Posted by sak500's boss
Where are we going?
Originally Posted by sak500
To the Apple store!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Yay I made the 'tags', must really be annoying the fanbois.

Finally made it, Awesome.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

The Following User Says Thank You to twigleaf1976 For This Useful Post:
I am new here (been reading for the past few days) and I'm amzed at how many ppl hate the n900 yet still continue to troll the forums. Why not just go to an Android or iPhone forum and be happier? (unless you are one of those ppl that like being unpleasant all day long)

Instead of ranting on Android/Iphone forums, I come here to find constructive things to do with my N900. Makes more sense to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to nology For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
I still trawl the forums because I am stuck with the phone. Despite most people on here I don't have much disposable income for various reasons and I am stuck in a contract for another few months so the N900 is a day to day device which is sadly lacking.

I also linger here because some work by the community are much appreciated and needed to keep the phone from being thrown out a window. (Or through it)

I also used to linger here in an effort to sway other noobies from coming onto this forum in a hope of wanting or being swung into buying an N900. Asking a bunch of fanbois if the phone is good isn't a good start, you need to have it balanced with the opposing view.

I dare say there are a great many people in the same boat.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twigleaf1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
So let me see if I got this right...
You are travelling back in time, and your boss is following you.
I'm heading in to the future dragging my boss with me.

BTW you beat me in monitor..

Desktop PC (self assembled).
Core i5 750 (quad core 2.8 default) @ 3.8Ghz, Water cooled
Asus P7P55D premium
2 x 2GB DDR 3 1600mhz - 4GB total
Asus 5870 1GD5.
Asus MS 236H 1080p (1920x1080) 23"
2nd Monitor Samsung 940BW 19"
2 x iP4 (32gb and 16gb)
1 x N900 (8GB class 6 withNItdroid).
1 xbox360 20GB original from 2006 still alive
1 xbox360 250 MW2 edition
1 xbox360 250 black SLIM.

Last edited by sak500; 2011-03-08 at 14:45.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by nology View Post
I am new here (been reading for the past few days) and I'm amzed at how many ppl hate the n900 yet still continue to troll the forums. Why not just go to an Android or iPhone forum and be happier? (unless you are one of those ppl that like being unpleasant all day long)

Instead of ranting on Android/Iphone forums, I come here to find constructive things to do with my N900. Makes more sense to me.
Retaliation. No less.

N900 reminds them of the awkward reality that they're not as smart as they perceived themselves to be. The combination of anger and denial twisted their minds, and retaliation is their only way out.

Deviating people from using N900 and bragging about the goodness in other easier devices becomes their sole meaning in life. These trolls must be pity, not burnt.

So, next time when you meet them, don't argue with them, but agree with them. Feed them with things like "Yeah yeah, smart people uses iPhone, N900 sucks. You're right, absolutely right." They'll move along and stalk someone else when they're well-fed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Iv'e converted three, but one turned back to the iPhone because he couldnt live without buying apps! lol

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ fauldhouse
iphone for noobs android is for hack wantbees blackbaer is for the tick pepol syinbin as for the dum meamo is the way to go u can port prity much enything u want to it as long as u no how to who need nokia i glad thay aband the n900 it let me do whot i want with it if i want 9 home screens i can if i want to overclock it i can and befor eny off u say it vodis ur warrnty then i dont all redy sent 1 back to nokia with nitdroid and overclock at 1ghz and thay sen me new 1 chager port fell out nd all so hade arecrack an on it as well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kenny324410 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
That would be better if the forum's title changed from "converted" to "proselytized"
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
iOS has a BSD core, WebOS has a Linux kernel, Android is (somewhat) based on Linux... all of them have more games than the N900.

Being Linux based doesn't exactly mean a lack of games. Accepting that shouldn't be the norm.
Well, let's look at them in another point of view:
WebOS is H.P based and Android is Google based.And yep,they are supporting the developers in the right way.It looks like that the Nokia is a little hazy and doesn't even know which way it should go.Nokia isn't(wasn't) really any less famous than the H.P . Being Linux is not fatal, but being hazy is.

Last edited by govprog; 2011-03-13 at 09:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to govprog For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, convert, games, syinbin, tick pepol, twig the tool