Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
Just found this on mer meetings :
{...}
we think that the issue should go away or at least be easier traceable/addressed when BSP is updated to Android 7 (sledges, 09:27:10)
as usual, no promises when that will happen, but we are working on aosp7 (sledges, 09:27:41)
I just hope that:
  • they will get to this in a near enough future (big hope: by end February 2018 ?).
  • they'll manage this with the *current* Sony Loire Kernel (4.4), not the one that was previously used on Android 7.0.2 (Kernel 3.10.106).
  • eventually, they'll compile their own binary from the Sony source's GIT (with all the usual bell and whistles featured on other devices turned on : modules, BTRFS, etc.)

One can hope...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 444 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Katowice, PL
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Just imagine, instead of having to charge it for 3 hours every day, just feed it a small sugar pill once a week!
Or a fly: http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/12/...bot/index.html Or that annoying neighbour's cat
BTW, Sony works on biobatteries.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to briest For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by briest View Post
Or a fly: http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/12/...bot/index.html Or that annoying neighbour's cat
BTW, Sony works on biobatteries.
And so it begins...

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
And so it begins...
Indeed!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Hey guys im new here just recently installed the sailfish x on f5122 but ive been having issues with enabling the second sim ive followed the instruction for editing default.prop and /etc/ofono/ril_subscription.conf and installed the jolla multisim settings to no avail but i used filetugroot. is there something im doing wrong or could someone please guide me step by step so ican succeed, im sorry for any inconvenience

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UBUNTUSCOFIELD For This Useful Post:
As you might know f5122 is not supported yet (will be). However you may have look into this thread on your own risk and try to make sim2 work: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99875 Be aware, that with this community build, Android support won't function. Disclaimer: I haven't tried any of the methods described in abowe thread nor have I installed community build myself before.
Good hacking :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by UBUNTUSCOFIELD View Post
Hey guys im new here just recently installed the sailfish x on f5122 but ive been having issues with enabling the second sim ive followed the instruction for editing default.prop and /etc/ofono/ril_subscription.conf and installed the jolla multisim settings to no avail but i used filetugroot. is there something im doing wrong or could someone please guide me step by step so ican succeed, im sorry for any inconvenience
The procedure you described worked for me. To be sure try to delete (or mv) /usr/lib/ofono folder and restart the phone an see what happens...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
got any source for that? all the ones i can find say its a physical 23Mpix sensor.
I have used Open Camera app in Android side, getting 3392x5984 pixels (20.3 Mpix).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

New blog post with details for 2018 Roadmap regarding SfosX!

https://blog.jolla.com/sailfish-x-whats-next/

wrap up:

- 4-6 Sailfish releases during the year,

- next release will be 2.1.4 Lapuanjoki. fixes in Bluetooth support, mobile data reliability, WiFi tethering, and BTRFS support for SD cards. We also added many new languages to Sailfish OS.

- 2.2.0 Mouhijoki couple of months later will add support of Dual SIM variant of Xperia X

- working on a new graphical installer for Sailfish X which makes installation simple and accessible

- improvements and fixes for apps such as email and calendar coming up throughout the year. -> accepting and sending meeting requests for calendar events.

- After Mouhijoki -> NFC and fingerprint authentication, started working on the next generation device.

- During the first half we’ll be adding memory card encryption, filesystem encryption, and email encryption.

- In the second half we will continue to improve security frameworks of the OS, and adding more security features like improved VPN support.

- updating the Android runtime compatibility to a newer Android version,

- continue working on blockchain solution together with Zipper, and expanding the device portfolio even further.

- During the first quarter we target to start sales in Turkey and India, then expand to selected Asian markets (Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand), and further expand to South America (Brazil, Argentina) by the end of Q2.

- There are some very interesting devices that we’d love to bring Sailfish to, and we’re working in collaboration with Sony to make this happen.

Last edited by mosen; 2018-01-31 at 12:44. Reason: shortening stay tuned bla bla in wrap up

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
- Other important areas that we’ll be working during 2018 are updating the Android runtime compatibility to a newer Android version.

Camera autofocus fix seems not to be on Jollas priority list, who needs a well working camera...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x