Notices

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
hmmm already loaded.. try, rebooting the N900?
then try uninstall and a reinstall

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
hi everybody! i installed navit from the bokomoko repo and i tried with the settings suggested in the past by Flandry. With my great surprise it worked fine the first time that i launched it! The gui was fine, i was able to access all the menu, i tried the routing and it worked! But now when i launch again it crashes. From the terminal it says:
Code:
navit:main_real:trying /home/user/.navit/navit.xml
map_rect_new_textfile unable to open textfile /home/user/.navit/bookmark.txt. Error: No such file or directory
navit:plugin_load:can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so', Error '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so: undefined symbol: _ZTV14EmbeddedWidget'
navit:plugin_load:can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/osd/libosd_core.so', already loaded
^Z[2] + Stopped                    navit
~ $
What to do?

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
hi everybody! i installed navit from the bokomoko repo and i tried with the settings suggested in the past by Flandry. With my great surprise it worked fine the first time that i launched it! The gui was fine, i was able to access all the menu, i tried the routing and it worked! But now when i launch again it crashes. From the terminal it says:
Code:
navit:main_real:trying /home/user/.navit/navit.xml
map_rect_new_textfile unable to open textfile /home/user/.navit/bookmark.txt. Error: No such file or directory
navit:plugin_load:can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so', Error '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so: undefined symbol: _ZTV14EmbeddedWidget'
navit:plugin_load:can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/osd/libosd_core.so', already loaded
~ $
What to do?
Just guessing but did you kill the existing instances of navit or reboot? This is probably the same issue i described somewhere back in the thread that is encountered when closing the app with the maemo close button when not using the QT interface: it leaves components still running.

Type "top" in terminal and see if you see something about navit in the list of processes. If it's there you can kill it with "killall navit".

To properly shut down navit using the other GUIs, you have to use the exit button within the UI rather than the maemo "x".

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2011-12-08 at 00:49.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by free-diver View Post
Would someone pleeeeeeease show me how to use garmin maps on navit... am a noob so step by step please...

i installed navit from repos and navit-dbg and downloaded a bin map and put it in navit_maps folder in MyDocs and pointed maps.xml to that bin file and it worked but when trying to use garmin it's a hell of mess.

when i try to download libgarmin the way this site http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Garmin_maps says to xterminal says "svn not found".

so i tried to find this libgarmin some other way and finally after some long search i found a deb file that installs libgarmin svn-20080313
i installed it and did what the above site says about editing maps.xml and navit.xml but garmin map still doesn't appear in navit..

help me please ASAP..
Search back through the thread to one of my earlier posts of instructions to see what it said about garmin. If i recall correctly garmin support is either almost useless or removed from navit at this point.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Just guessing but did you kill the existing instances of navit or reboot? This is probably the same issue i described somewhere back in the thread that is encountered when closing the app with the maemo close button when not using the QT interface: it leaves components still running.

Type "top" in terminal and see if you see something about navit in the list of processes. If it's there you can kill it with "killall navit".

To properly shut down navit using the other GUIs, you have to use the exit button within the UI rather than the maemo "x".
yes i tried to reboot also but still the same error. is it possible that some other apps, a widget maybe, is using the qt interface?

anyway i got my navit working using the internal gui with gtk_drawing_area. work pretty good even if in the terminal i can see some errors like:

navit:displayitem_draw:failed to load icon '/opt/navit/share/navit/xpm/parking.xpm' also for other icons like worship heliport viewpoint zoo etc.

and i choose an osd.xml that at least make visible the zoom in/out icons and the fullscreen icon, but there is still a square with an interrogative point inside, i don't know what icon should be

if somebody know how to fix the error with qt_qpainter please let me know!

that is:
navit: plugin_load:can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so', Error '/opt/navit/lib/navit/graphics/libgraphics_qt_qpainter.so: undefined symbol: _ZTV14EmbeddedWidget'
navit: plugin_load:can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/osd/libosd_core.so', already loaded

i don't know if there is a conflict with some other qt apps that i have installed on the phone or what

just another question: do you have the speech working with espeak? i set on enabled but still not working. are the settings inside speech.xml fine or is better this http://wiki.navit-project.org/index....g_Navit#Speech ?

sorry for continuous posting, but maybe i found a bug. using openstreetmap maps, when searching for a street, all the streets with access=private are excluded so is not possible to find these streets. i'd reather prefer something like the Garmin Nuvi1300, that uses openstreetmap maps compiled on navmaps.eu: a street with access=private is findable and if choosen as destination, the routing takes you on the nearest point without entering the street.

just another question: do you have the speech working with espeak? i set on enabled but still not working. are the settings inside speech.xml fine or is better this http://wiki.navit-project.org/index....g_Navit#Speech ?
Just updated to 0.5.0 yesterday and found espeak not working too.
This was my old setting in speech.xml:

Code:
<speech type="cmdline" data="echo %s | sed s/\\./Komma/g | espeak -vde+m2+croak" cps="10"/>
which worked with 0.2.0 but not with 0.5.0

I had to change it to this:

Code:
<speech type="cmdline" data="espeak -vde+m2+croak '%s'" cps="10"/>
and this works!

HTH & HAND

Michael

The Following User Says Thank You to magic_doc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Cambridge MA
Code:
~ $
I installed this week, same repo, and am getting the same messages. Installed, reinstalled, removed and replaced config files. restarted, no running navit processes, etc. Will look into if I have time, not sure if I can be of much assistance. Subscribed to thread

The Following User Says Thank You to plaka666 For This Useful Post:

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap