Active Topics

Poll: Nokia to release the Maemo Source Code.
Poll Options
Nokia to release the Maemo Source Code.

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Nice toy, its really cool. I would have bought it for my kid, but I think the future is bright for the lawyers.
Don't worry. It's not like your kid would become a rich super-model by playing with barbies

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Don't worry. It's not like your kid would become a rich super-model by playing with barbies
Who said anything about rich super-models?
Besides we were not discussing barbies.

The lawyer career gives better ratio of income and invested effort, and usually you don't spend five years working on a "revolutionary" new products, and then end up being dump by *****s like Elop and Kai Oistämö in their "truly an oh-s--t moment".

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Who said anything about rich super-models?
Besides we were not discussing barbies.

The lawyer career gives better ratio of income and invested effort, and usually you don't spend five years working on a "revolutionary" new products, and then end up being dump by *****s like Elop and Kai Oistämö in their "truly an oh-s--t moment".
I'm just kidding, chill man.

Everything you do for you kid is good just because he'd understand there's someone in his/her life who care. God bless you and your kid.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Holy ****, abill_uk.
Since you're an experienced software/hardware engineer, why not develop your own SGX driver? It's a FSF high-priority project after all, and you can wave your e-pen0r around when you're done.
Point is, the Meego N900 DE team are working with software components freely redistributable but don't work with Maemo for various reasons, or components they made themselves/patched up other OSS projects.
I think your question was answered by the following post after yours.

It also seems a few on here do not seem to get the grasp that this Poll is about Maemo and nothing whatsoever about MeeGo.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I think your question was answered by the following post after yours.

It also seems a few on here do not seem to get the grasp that this Poll is about Maemo and nothing whatsoever about MeeGo.
You are still a nincompoop.

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
You're again putting words in other people's mouths, you fail to realize the difference between people just describing a situation and people's personal opinions, and you also belittle all the great stuff that Stskeeps actually has done for Maemo (and MeeGo), especially compared to you just talking here without any action whatsoever...
I just return from a few days away to read your post and sadly to tell you but we think miles apart you and i and as for the "great" work done by stskeeps we also have our opinions and i do not share your enthusiasm about MeeGo ok.

There is something wrong here and i will not settle untill it all comes out but please stop the rubbish about what he has done for Maemo because he has left it not long after taking up the post involving MeeGo which proves to some extent he obviously see's his project as getting further than Maemo ever did, well up to now that is sadly not the case and i would love to say different but i cannot.

You had better watch how you reply to me because your another with an axe to grind and i can be just as bashfull as you but this is not about battles this is about the progress that may be possible to gain code from Nokia of the Maemo os.

Please look at the Poll results as of today and you will see it stands at 585 votes for the release of this code and the 22 meager votes against have been grudge votes against Maemo !.

Maemo for me is far far better than anything MeeGo has to offer anywhere at the moment as it stands to be no more than a basic UI for the N900 and not a lot more on anything else so please take a look and see for yourself this so called "fantastic" work after over a year of it being pubilised by Nokia only to be dropped by Nokia not long after, so something is clearly wrong.

For the benifit of Carsten i would really like to see a lot more devotion to MeeGo coming from a lot lot more developers and i just do not see this happening right now, he needs greatly more support than he is getting especially on the N900 MeeGo adaption.

If your going to comment on my posts please try to do so in a more friendly way ok.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-06-06 at 05:46.

Over a third of the no votes are dual-votes; most likely, like mine, meant to mock this silly poll.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Over a third of the no votes are dual-votes; most likely, like mine, meant to mock this silly poll.
Do you actually own an N900?.

And as for your comments of being silly i think a lot will disagree with you there!.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Do you actually own an N900?.

And as for your comments of being silly i think a lot will disagree with you there!.
Actually, its the other way around.
Nincompoop.

Could anyone who has not voted please register your votes.

The count as of today is 592 = 97.53% for and 23 = 3.79% against Nokia to release the source code of Maemo.

Closed Thread

Tags
current, daddys ketchup, flog dead horse, give him, just shoot me, must not say no, no argue ok, play nice, situation, yes or highway