Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
@zehjotkah do you think we will see a device announced this week?

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by LTman View Post
@Faustino did you get to check out the teminal what was it bash or busybox did you get to see the storage capacity
I didn't get a chance.. i literally just flicked around the home screens, although it's not like Maemo 5 home screens.. i don't normally grab phones off random people in bars.. he was fairly polite so i didn't wanna push it.

Look, i've eaten my words.. i totally thought this thing was gonna be a regurgitated E7.. but whatever is under the hood, it's a superior machine to anything i've played with before.. and that includes HTC's wp7 efforts..

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
@zehjotkah do you think we will see a device announced this week?
I guess you mean a MeeGo/Harmattan device by Nokia.
Maybe not announced for the public, but yes, at the moment I think we'll see such a device.

Viewing outside of Nokia we may see other devices as well. Edit: Next week at the MeeGo Conference.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Dev device would be interesting. As this is a hobby though and I live in a land down under making any dev meeting is near impossible. So any hints would be unexpected but appreciated. Although the wife will probably kill me if I get a new toy.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
yes, I read your post. Maybe you should read my previous posts as well?
Easy tiger

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Bit of an awkward question, but if this thing is real, and we can get our grubby mitts on it during the summer, (and it is actually flippin awesome like we hope) what will happen to the CSSU for the N900? I'm still waiting for a noob-safe package to be released, but if the N950 comes out and is sexier than Megan Fox covered in maple syrup, I'll be all about that and my N900 might have to join his Nokia cousins in my pants and socks drawer

So tonight I was at the local pub, and this scrawny guy in a black turtleneck walked in with a phone in an N900 case, but it didn't really fit right. I spiked his drink with a potent cocktail of mind-altering drugs so he'd forget it on the bar, then shouted "Anyone know who this phone belongs to!" and quickly ducked out the door before anyone could answer, and took it home to examine.

I think it's the new N950, it looks pretty much like all the pictures on the internet, although the display has been upgraded to a high-resolution amber plasma panel with more contrast, so that's good. But it's not running real Meego. Apparently as part of their deal with Microsoft, Nokia now has a XENIX port (on-line documentation seems to suggest codename "Hartman") to serve as their Maemo successor. The Meego compatibility layers seems to have been replaced with AIX compatibility, which I guess is a step forwards, since I've never heard anyone accused the AIX platform of being on fire...

Anyway, it's now in a dumpster near my house; if someone wants to come get it, feel free. Don't want the corporate-controlled police coming after me for picking up a device I happened to find...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
[failed trolling/satire jibberjabber]
You make it too obvious. I mean, if you'd actually spiked the drink you wouldn't mentioned it here now would you?. Could have been so much better if it would have been more obscure. Still, I appreciate the effort

edit: typos and to make more sense
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Bit of an awkward question, but if this thing is real, and we can get our grubby mitts on it during the summer, (and it is actually flippin awesome like we hope) what will happen to the CSSU for the N900? I'm still waiting for a noob-safe package to be released, but if the N950 comes out and is sexier than Megan Fox covered in maple syrup, I'll be all about that and my N900 might have to join his Nokia cousins in my pants and socks drawer
If this developer device will be the one with HW keyboard, I need to get my hands on it somehow. No matter how much it costs, I need to get this thing!

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
I need to get my hands on it somehow. No matter how much it costs, I need to get this thing!
Let's all overrun Nokia HQ tomorrow 12:15 at their lunch brakes!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland