Active Topics

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by v13 View Post
Do you know:
  • How those statistics are measured (e.g. are apt-get and application manager installs counted)? and
  • How one rates an application?
* Yes, every download from the repository counts. Although it takes some time to update the stats, due to Akamai.
* Voting in the app page or at Maemo Select if the app is available there.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
* Yes, every download from the repository counts. Although it takes some time to update the stats, due to Akamai.
So apparently a jump from 600 to 6000 in a day is then possible? The first 600 is from using the installfile link and the jump is from the first update of application manager installs?

I notice a huge increase in all the apps. This looks kind of fishy. It's almost like all the apps got 10 time multiplier on the amount of downloads. Either Nokia has really sold crazy amounts of the N900 today, the previous download numbers were too pessimistic or today's numbers are too optimistic.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by jlu View Post
So apparently a jump from 600 to 6000 in a day is then possible? The first 600 is from using the installfile link and the jump is from the first update of application manager installs?
Not in a day, I don't know the system internals, but I know that Akamai takes some time to deliver the stats from every mirror, about a week IIRC, and there was also some bug with the downloads count that prevented the updates for a big while.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
I notice a huge increase in all the apps. This looks kind of fishy. It's almost like all the apps got 10 time multiplier on the amount of downloads. Either Nokia has really sold crazy amounts of the N900 today, the previous download numbers were too pessimistic or today's numbers are too optimistic.
Today was the first time in months (since release of N900) when downloads directly from repository where added. All numbers until today were only direct clicks to .install files.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I guess it's fixed now, right?
And even with improved graphics.

Whoever did it: Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Today was the first time in months (since release of N900) when downloads directly from repository where added. All numbers until today were only direct clicks to .install files.
If this is true, it seems that N900 users are not too enthusiastic on donations (1 donation for about 5000 downloads). Maybe I should add more donation buttons on my apps... about 20 buttons would be good.

Also if these current numbers are correct, there a lot more N900 users than I though. Does anyone have the numbers of sold N900? It would be quite interesting to know.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
I have no success reading Maemo 4 download statistics for some packages, including my softwares (Integral, Derivative and Limit), for example :

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/integral/

It shows :

"Sorry, this application doesn't exist in the Extras repository or there is no download information available! It can take up to 2 weeks after first uploading your package (or creating an entry in http://maemo.org/downloads/ ) before statistics are available."

But "Integral" is already 20 days in extras repository.

Does somebody know how to read the download statistics of new Maemo 4 packages ?

Some older Maemo 4 packages have download statistics working.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.