Active Topics

Is there a program which will install all repository applications you choose? Without yourself having to go through one by one and install them.

In my case rather try then unistall some stuff and size really is not a issue for those of us using a mmc boot.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Well Application Manager is really just a GUI frontend for apt-get. If you make a list of the package names you should be able to do it via a single command in xterm like:

apt-get install package1 package2 ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonshine For This Useful Post:
so if i want to install everything and not just apt-get update?

Last edited by Ropesend; 2008-01-05 at 08:53.

I just seem to not be able to install
libgalago1_0.5.1-0osso10_armel.deb
libart-2.0_2.3.19-1_armel.deb
libgnomeprint2.2_2.18.2-1_armel.deb
libgnomecanvas_2.20.1.1-1_armel.deb

and it seems that almost every single apt out there is some how dependent on these apps. Any thoughts?

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Pro tip: Go to http://gronmayer.com/it , seclect the OS you're using (OS2008, OS2007, OS2006) then type the package name in (libgnomecanvas_2.20.1.1-1_armel.deb -> libgnomecanvas, basically everything before the first underscore). Use the 'click to install' link to add that repository, then try your install again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnx For This Useful Post:
So i figured out that i have already installed these deleted and installed all these repositories. And the lib indicated above download but unable to install. Oh this also happens with the ruby 1.8 files too so i have no idea how to fix this problem.