Hi Dirk, Kimmo, Andrew,

Did you consider the magnets on TOH may interfere with the on-board magnetometer? There are several ways in which this may manifest. There also is a way to minimise potential interference but not completely eradicate it I'm afraid. Of course this is only an issue if you care about a functional magnetometer though

Cheers,
Jan

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by djbengan View Post
ehh, the kickstarter page is gone?!
Link not working for me either.

Know it's already been said, but I am disappointed Jolla are not weighing in with support on this.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
The DIY pack are all the pieces and you simply have to mount it with a screwdriver and maybe some glue for the magnets? Or it's more complex than that?

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by djbengan View Post
ehh, the kickstarter page is gone?!
If there's any sanity around here, it's gone because Jolla have snapped up Dirk to make the TOHKBD for them, and that was the point of this whole charade.

Originally Posted by billranton View Post
If there's any sanity around here, it's gone because Jolla have snapped up Dirk to make the TOHKBD for them, and that was the point of this whole charade.
Let's just hope @dirkvl chimes in soon on what's up, as searching for toh or jolla doesn't find the same campaign under another name.

To me the TOHKBDrev2 feels more like a massdrop kind of project, that the customizations and all might be a bit heavy.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Know it's already been said, but I am disappointed Jolla are not weighing in with support on this.
How do you know they haven't, though? Kickstarter got nice pictures... One with Keira black ambience. Speculation, I know, but Jolla may already have helped Dirk in one way or another, we haven't (and may not) just heard about it. Clearly Dirk has established a deal with Lastucase at least, as there was many link promoting Lastucase on that Kickstarter.

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
There's a very important difference between "can be changed" and works out of the box. Does anyone know that better than past users of Maemo and present users of Jolla?
Oh the dreams I had for stuff that would become possible with my N900 in hand... Here and now, my questions are not about the dreams!
Hence, forgive me Dirk if I ask again if you didn't miss my previous questions, because this thread is moving pretty fast. Any word on the software?
https://github.com/kimmoli/tohkbd-archive
It's been inactive for a while, but if my memory serves there were initially issues with '?' char being appended in some cases, and Jolla got it fixed in the update right after first batch of rev1 KBDs was sent out (they also helped in writing it afaik, with much bigger group of owners getting the last tweaks should be easy, then again, not sure if the chip/connection will be the same, so a new daemon might be needed)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Wasn't there a together question thread months ago with contributions for Marc Dillon asking us which TOHs we most want, and the implication that Jolla would produce the more popular plus amd eighth one suggested by the community in another thread? I remember the keyboard came top, but there was solar and wireless charging tohs in the list too.

Could the whole funky other half setup just be a community oriented way of establishing a TOH division?

Add stilus and I will buy it!

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by usr View Post
Add stilus and I will buy it!
What good will that do? Any capacitive stylus is average at best. For real stylus input, a magnetizer is needed (like my hybrid laptop has) but that requires putting it under the screen which is a no-go unless you're really into modifying your Jolla that much... (with a chance of screwing it up)

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd