Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Minnesota US
I installed a new router at home (Dlink 825) and used WPA security. I was able to connect my N800 to the network a couple of times but then it suddenly started giving me a "network connection error, try again?" message immediately (no delay while it tries - just an immediate error). I figured that the router was causing the problem, but now, after several days, I find I get the same immediate error no matter what network I try to connect to...network at work (already saved as a connection), free network at the airport (brand new connection never before tried). So now I am thinking that the problem is the N800, not the router. Any advice on how to troubleshoot? (oh I am using Diablo, and have been since it came out)

Thx,

Mike

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Restarting wlancond should fix it, but if you already rebooted it's a different issue.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Minnesota US
Originally Posted by luca View Post
Restarting wlancond should fix it, but if you already rebooted it's a different issue.
Thanks much. DK why I didn't think of rebooting. All seems fine now

I experience a similar problem. All of a sudden my n800 fails to establish a connection to any of the networks it is known to connect well before. The available access points are listed correctly, but any attempt to establish a connection fails. Rebooting (turn off/turn on) does not help. Any suggestions besides reflashing?

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by v.roudnev View Post
I experience a similar problem. All of a sudden my n800 fails to establish a connection to any of the networks it is known to connect well before. The available access points are listed correctly, but any attempt to establish a connection fails. Rebooting (turn off/turn on) does not help. Any suggestions besides reflashing?
Same here with an N810.

Help,please!

My internet tablet has become just a tablet!!!

Originally Posted by Michael.Conklin View Post
I installed a new router at home (Dlink 825) and used WPA security. I was able to connect my N800 to the network a couple of times but then it suddenly started giving me a "network connection error, try again?" message immediately (no delay while it tries - just an immediate error). I figured that the router was causing the problem, but now, after several days, I find I get the same immediate error no matter what network I try to connect to...network at work (already saved as a connection), free network at the airport (brand new connection never before tried). So now I am thinking that the problem is the N800, not the router. Any advice on how to troubleshoot? (oh I am using Diablo, and have been since it came out)

Thx,

Mike
mine did that, then I would reboot and it started happening again like 2 days later. eventually I disabled Autodisconnect, and it stopped. a possible bug? I will wait till autodisconnect gets a new version, then I will enable it agaim

You are talking about an N810?

I haven't any "autodisconnect" on mine I think.

oh, i'm sorry. I was N900. sorry to confuse you!

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I have had the same problem few times. Most of the times the problem was that /tmp was full because few programs made too large logfiles in there. So check /tmp first and see if there is enough space for the dhcp conf files etc.

Originally Posted by andy1 View Post
I have had the same problem few times. Most of the times the problem was that /tmp was full because few programs made too large logfiles in there. So check /tmp first and see if there is enough space for the dhcp conf files etc.
Ok.

I will try, but... how?

I mean the default archive manager don't let me access to system folders like /tmp.

And /tmp doesn't get empty after each reboot??

Sorry for my unexperience and thanks in advance.

Tags
connection error, n800, wifi