Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Ok I upgraded Bash and it seems to be working fine so far, rebooted too. Warehouse reported an error during the upgrade though but it was probably just because the shell binary was missing. If I notice any issues with it I'll get back to you. But it feels a bit better to run a newer Bash because the default one is very old.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
Ok I upgraded Bash and it seems to be working fine so far, rebooted too. Warehouse reported an error during the upgrade though but it was probably just because the shell binary was missing. If I notice any issues with it I'll get back to you. But it feels a bit better to run a newer Bash because the default one is very old.
hmm that was one reason I had to reflash - almost - the symlink to sh from bash was missing.
This, however, should be fixed in the version online.

otherwise
ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
And this you're telling me now!!! Nahh no problem the link is there, I could reboot so I'm happy. Sailfish is really growing on me day by day. Using the jphone as my primary (basically only) phone now so it wouldn't be so funny if it wouldn't boot, which it wouldn't if there was a problem with bash.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
And this you're telling me now!!! Nahh no problem the link is there, I could reboot so I'm happy. Sailfish is really growing on me day by day. Using the jphone as my primary (basically only) phone now so it wouldn't be so funny if it wouldn't boot, which it wouldn't if there was a problem with bash.
Well, we have unlocked bootloader still ...

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
hmm that was one reason I had to reflash - almost - the symlink to sh from bash was missing.
This, however, should be fixed in the version online.

otherwise
ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh
Probably safer way would be to name it bash4 and amend /etc/passwd for nemo to use /bin/bash4, this way if there is a component in Jolla that requires old bash it would keep using it (edit: hmm... then again all scripts would be using the old one unless it was symlinked... no idea what is the best practice :/)

Last edited by szopin; 2014-01-13 at 01:07.

does anyone know where i can get nslookup for sailfish?

Originally Posted by droll View Post
does anyone know where i can get nslookup for sailfish?
host or dig would do too (but no package for this either...)

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
htop creates an icon which doesn't work, but inside Terminal it is ok.
Just edit /usr/share/applications/htop.desktop
change Exec to this:
Code:
Exec=fingerterm -e htop
and put your own icon named htop.png to:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/86x86/apps

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Updated the 1st post citing file browsers, OpenRepos.net/Warehouse and NielDK softwares.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
Could you guys help me on installing glib2 and glib2-devel >= 2.40.0?

I'm trying to compile something on the emulator, but the latest version I could find packaged glib2 and glib2-devel was 2.38.2 (from mer-core:devel), so I successfully built and installed glib 2.43.0 from here, but ./configure still says the installed version is 2.38.2...

Am I doing something wrong?