Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Now that the n900 has integrated, from what i understand, Telepathy-haze is there a plug-in infrastructure so we can totally be free of pidgin and port OTR over ?

That would be awesome!
(root encryption would be too but I can wait for nuclear batteries for that :P)

(OTR is Off-the-record Encryption, for those who don't know, and can work over any type of IM to protect your conversations)

Last edited by R-R; 2009-09-22 at 02:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
Now that the n900 has integrated, from what i understand, Telepathy-haze is there a plug-in infrastructure so we can totally be free of pidgin and port OTR over ?

That would be awesome!
(root encryption would be too but I can wait for nuclear batteries for that :P)

(OTR is Off-the-record Encryption, for those who don't know, and can work over any type of IM to protect your conversations)
Telepathy-haze is not exactly integrated into the N900. It as well as the additional IM protocols will be packaged and available through Extras as soon as it is finished and goes through testing. That should happen either around the launch of the N900 or a little afterwards.

Haze allows use of libpurple plugins... and I'm not sure that the Pidgin OTR plugin qualifies or not. As far as I know, haze is just meant to support protocol plugins... but I could be wrong.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Hopefully, if that is the case, there is a plugin interface at a higher level in the Maemo 5 IM subsystem... (And someone with a bit of talent to port this over!

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
But...but... I love Pidgin. Haha.

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
I can't wait for the N900 to be released. and I think the way they integrated the protocol into the contact is awesome.

Just wondering, does it save a history?

The Following User Says Thank You to zkyevolved For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
I can't wait for the N900 to be released. and I think the way they integrated the protocol into the contact is awesome.

Just wondering, does it save a history?
Yes, it does.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:

Tags
off-the-record, telepathy