I just installed CSSU
Stable
21.2011.38-1Smaemo4.1.

Is that :

CSSU
Stable
21.2011.38-1Smaemo4.1.

the latest version??? I've installed CSSU a bunch of times cause i screwed it every time so i had to flash my device, but now it's time to make it properly so i want to make sure that i have the latest CSSU installed or should i get any newer version of CSSU??? I have a problem with default catalogues too, the catalogues before flashing the device was skeiron's because they had the latest updates for the apps now i am useing the default catalogues and i don't have the latest apps so i don't know what to do i used every advice in the other threads including X-Terminal's code's but nothing have happened or changed!!!

P.S. i installed the CSSU stable from wiki.maemo.org
and i dont have screen rotation thats why i am wondering that maybe i dont have the latest version of CSSU but the last time (1 month ago) i installed it the same way and i had screen rotation

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-04-08 at 23:33.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
The latest CSSU Stable version I have is: 21.2011.38-1Smaemo6, maybe you can find you answer by reading the stable cssu thread here

Last edited by g0r; 2013-04-09 at 00:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to g0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Use apt-cache to look for versioning of installed (and uninstalled) packages from the X-Terminal application
Code:
apt-cache policy mp-fremantle-community-pr
In cases, where you do not know the exact name of a package search for it like this for the above package
Code:
apt-cache search community fremantle

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Thank you both for your help i will search your advices but as i found a changelog about Smaemo i saw that there not a lot of changes going on so now i am thinking if i should to install Tmaemo???

What do you thing is there a reason not to install CSSU Testing what is the danger for installing it?

I had it the last time and all where going good!

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Use apt-cache to look for versioning of installed (and uninstalled) packages from the X-Terminal application
Code:
apt-cache policy mp-fremantle-community-pr
In cases, where you do not know the exact name of a package search for it like this for the above package
Code:
apt-cache search community fremantle

Do you have any advise to give me about the catalogues beeing out of date? So i can be able to search for updates!

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by NokiaN900R View Post
Do you have any advise to give me about the catalogues beeing out of date? So i can be able to search for updates!
This error complains about a failed package list refresh or an old package list. Try to update the list either via some ApplicationManager or via pure 'apt-get update' .
If this fails, this is always a connection issue, either on your side, or most likely on the repository server side. There are slim chances that using skeiron.org mirror may work better, but sometimes your only chance is to wait for the repositories to be connect-able for you again.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
This error complains about a failed package list refresh or an old package list. Try to update the list either via some ApplicationManager or via pure 'apt-get update' .
If this fails, this is always a connection issue, either on your side, or most likely on the repository server side. There are slim chances that using skeiron.org mirror may work better, but sometimes your only chance is to wait for the repositories to be connect-able for you again.
I will follow the "sometimes" advice and wait for it cause i've done all the other stuff before thank you, you where helpful!

Originally Posted by g0r View Post
The latest CSSU Stable version I have is: 21.2011.38-1Smaemo6, maybe you can find you answer by reading the stable cssu thread here
See you have the right one

I followed the instraction on wiki.maemo.org and installed the CSSU Stable successfuly but i didn't get the latest updates for some reason...i do not know what is going on do you know maybe how can i update the firmware to Smaemo6 what did you do to make the difference?

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

So should i use skeiron's catalogues? I am asking because in your last advice you told me that the default catalogues are up again and that its not needed to use skeiron's.

P.S. i just update to Smaemo5 with skeiron's community catalogue but is there no way to update to Smaemo6?
And does anybody know when the catalogue's will work properly.

Thanks!!!

Tags
(cssu), catalogues, latest, version