Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
That's it guys, I am done with Jolla.

It'll be nearly 2.5 years since the Jolla 1 was released, and since then we've been waiting, waiting, waiting for a sucessor. I am long overdue a new phone, but was hoping we would see something positive for MWC. After the tablet debacle, we now find out that Jolla are doing an Africa phone, an India phone (never to see release in Europe) and an unofficial Fairphone port (unofficial ports for overpriced hardware just does not do it for me). It really does look like Jolla have just decided to abandon the core European market in the hope they can chase emerging market growth. Personally, I think this is a mistake, as platform loyalty exists here. I think it's going to be more difficult for Jolla (really, impossible) to compete with $10-$20 Android devices.
Turingphone? https://turingphone.com/ I think that is premium phone.. Or later Puzzlephone, which is also made in Finland.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Stop make false QUOTEs in somebody elses name. its not cool.
More uncool than using the word 'scam' in every post?

I consider it to be a scam to do so.
I rest my case.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I don't mind if Jolla sells low end devices that I can tinker with. At least then it becomes an inexpensive hobby and development continues. But the problem for me with previous Jolla phone is that you could not get 4G/LTE in US. Only 2G so I'm not going to use the phone as a daily drive. As a result, after buying the original Jolla phone and tinkering with it for a brief period, it was left in a drawer and gets neglected (except when I travel to Europe). Instead I tinker with my android phone which is not my preference cause I prefer the linux environment found on Jolla phone. The N9 was also not supported in US but the Singapore version I purchased at least got 3G which was not bad at the time. So, I don't care if Jolla targets Asia or Africa. Just allow device to have radio that works on 4G/LTE for some carrier in US. Afterall, folks from those continents travel to US. (Although maybe not for long if Trump becomes president! lol Hmmm. maybe that's not so funny!)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
OK, no word on turing, but mi-fone collaboration?
Nice, only they do not mentioin sailfish on theyr homepage
http://www.mi-fone.mobi/

Oh gosh nooo... i hate "Super Apps" as new name for partner space
Sounds like.
Is this company selling phones already? I wonder because they have listed 6 devices and i can't find any info about their specs e.g.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Is this company selling phones already? I wonder because they have listed 6 devices and i can't find any info about their specs e.g.
If you click on sales you are directed to mail with subject: I want mi-fone.

Looks like another Turing company. I doubt they sell anything since no trace of sales or usage. I really hope they have something solid or this would be yet another embarrassment.

At least intex phone looks like the real deal.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-02-24 at 16:20.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
IBut the problem for me with previous Jolla phone is that you could not get 4G/LTE in US. Only 2G so I'm not going to use the phone as a daily drive.
AT&T is sunsetting it's 2G this year and that makes things even more difficult for the Jolla in the USA. I wish it supported 3G in USA, that should be a minimum even if the 4G frequencies are not all supported. worldwide 2G and 3G.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kingstu For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Is this company selling phones already?
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
If you click on sales you are directed to mail with subject: I want mi-fone.
They do at least since 2011

And have a recent model

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
They do at least since 2011
Good. I'm not sure If can't handle another scam from Jolla.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Thanks! Strange to find the homepage of a manufacturer without any infos about their products....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
I see the X performance as a baby flagship, they've reeeeaaaaally neutered the battery on that. Waaay too small. If they think of it as an actual flagship the Z6 better not come with the same capacity battery otherwise I would be really miffed.
http://japanese.engadget.com/2016/02/24/xperia-z5-z-z6/
http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/n...25_745336.html
There will be no Xperia Z6. Sorry didn't have time to find English but it should be in English somewhere.

Last edited by salyavin; 2016-02-25 at 20:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post: