I for one wasn't hesitant, just lazy and lacking a good motive :-)

I was OK with mistral and didn't find the upgrades compelling (at least what little info was available on them), so I skipped scirocco. Keeping up with mmapper, and the appearance of OS2007 on the N800, gave me the impulse I needed to install what I saw as maybe the last revision of 2006 for the 770.

Honestly I don't see much difference - either way - but it was mostly painless and I'm happy I did it, if only to benefit from projects that still target both platforms, like mmapper, minimo, gizmo etc.

It was also the right time to try out some nice hacks I'd been reading about, like customizing the backup script (which made it even more painless) and booting from MMC (which makes it easier to try out new stuff). Now I'm less eager than ever to trade my 770 for something else, even a N800 (except maybe for penguinbait's KDE hack :-)

Perhaps I was running an old version of kismet... I hadn't been able to check in awhile. Now, if they'd just get packet injection working with airodump, thing's would be peachy!

I managed to screw up my 770 to the point that backing up and reinstalling was less work than fixing, so I finally bit the bullet and did it. It's taken a week to get it back (mostly) the way I had it before, but it's back.

I do notice that the wifi range is SLIGHTLY better. With my 770 pressed up against a window, I used to sometimes be able to connect to a neighbor's network, but it wouldn't be able to hang onto the connection for long... now it'll connect to it pretty reliably. It doesn't seem to read any higher in the connection manager, but it just seems to be able to connect to poor-quality connections a bit better.

Also, a bug I was seeing in the browser has disappeared. Dunno if it was a bug fix, or just a glitch in my old install. Before, if I viewed an HTML from the memory card, often times it would highlight all the text black, making it unreadable. Haven't seen it do that yet.