Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Hi all, I'm happy that I've found a way to not format my SD card as it is in exfat format, i found this information to make it reconize by Sailfish and automount after reboot.
Install this first https://openrepos.net/content/bloodyfoxy/exfat-utils
An then this
https://openrepos.net/content/bloodyfoxy/fuse-exfat
Then
Make exFAT filesystem on your SD card:
Code:
mkexfatfs /dev/mmcblk1p1
Label SD card:​
Code:
exfatlabel /dev/mmcblk1p1 "label"

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pexi View Post
Just installed Sailfish X and it was smooth. No problems when i used internet and email. Also installed whatsapp, skype and linphone from Yalp / Play store. Could not try whatsapp since I was too lazy to get my sim card from downstairs but probably will play more tomorrow. Will definately be my daily driver and cannot understand why not since all seems to work.
To me the os is prerty much ok. buggy but mostly fine. But music and video service's that I pay for and use is not available. Banking not something usually do with a phone, but still the option is not available. trades are impossible. Browser is a pain to use.

but I do appreciate what jolla trying to do. And after a day with sail X I do appreciate swirching to Androids or iOS for a less painful experiene.

I am happy to hear that you are happy. keep it up!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-14 at 20:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by almaviva View Post
mount | grep mmc" brings
{...nothing related to mmcblk1...}
Well apparently, it wasn't mounted automatically...
(so, definitely not an access rights problem)

Entering "[root@Sailfish nemo]# mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /mnt/sdcard/" brings:
mount: mount point /mnt/sdcard/ does not exist
(Oops, in sailfish X, /mnt/sdcard doesn't exist anymore.
Just a series of symlinks that point nowhere.
Nothing dramatic, though)

Entering "blkid /dev/mmcblk1" => Nothing happens:
Entering "[root@Sailfish nemo]# lsblk /dev/mmcblk1" brings:
lsblk: /dev/mmcblk1: not a block device
AARGH.
That's a problem : the /dev/mmcblk1 isn't even created ?!?

[QUOTE=almaviva;1536788]
Entering ""journalctl --since '5 min ago' " brings still a lot, /QUOTE]

Though not much about mmc.
As a comparison, here's the sequence on my Xperia X, when I insert a µSDHC (4GB):

Code:
Oct 15 00:02:33 Sailfish kernel: mmc1: slot status change detected (0 -> 1), GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish kernel: mmc1: new high speed SDHC card at address b3a4
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish kernel: mmcblk1: mmc1:b3a4 SE04G 3.63 GiB 
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish kernel:  mmcblk1: p1
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish kernel: mmcblk1: error during r/w command, stop response 0x80000b00
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish kernel: mmcblk1: retrying using single block read
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish mount-sd[25033]: Called to add mmcblk1
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish mount-sd[25051]: Called to add mmcblk1p1
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish mount-sd[25071]: Finished adding /dev/mmcblk1p1 of type vfat at /media/sdcard/3066-E1A3
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish kernel: mmcblk1: error during r/w command, stop response 0x80000b00
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish kernel: mmcblk1: retrying using single block read
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish mount-sd.sh[25021]: mount: /dev/mmcblk1 is already mounted or /media/sdcard/02544d534530344707b72bb5a100f200-mmcblk1p1 busy
Oct 15 00:02:49 Sailfish mount-sd[25096]: Finished adding /dev/mmcblk1 of type vfat at /media/sdcard/02544d534530344707b72bb5a100f200-mmcblk1p1
And thus:
Code:
# lsblk /dev/mmcblk1
NAME        MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
mmcblk1     179:64   0  3.7G  0 disk 
`-mmcblk1p1 179:65   0  3.6G  0 part /opt/alien/media/sdcard/3066-E1A3

# fdisk -l /dev/mmcblk1
Disk /dev/mmcblk1: 3.7 GiB, 3904897024 bytes, 7626752 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device         Boot Start     End Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/mmcblk1p1       8192 7626751 7618560  3.6G  b W95 FAT32

# mount | grep mmcblk1
/dev/mmcblk1p1 on /media/sdcard/3066-E1A3 type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,dirsync,uid=100000,gid=100000,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,flush,errors=remount-ro,discard)
/dev/mmcblk1p1 on /opt/alien/media/sdcard/3066-E1A3 type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,dirsync,uid=100000,gid=100000,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,flush,errors=remount-ro,discard)
For me this looks as if your Xperia is completely unable to see the µSDXC card.
Might even be a machanical problem (pocket lint stuck in the slot ? SD card not perfectly aligned in the slot holder ?)

But at this step, the format on the card doesn't even play a role.
The Xperia doesn't even start to talk to it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Thanks again DrYak for the idea about UDF. There seems to be little discusion about using UDF and Sailfish, but so far its working well for me.

For those interested, i ran a simple format command with admin rights on Windows 10 cmd prompt (where my microsd was drive F: ) :

format F: /fs:UDF

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.11).aspx
Warning : the resulting card is compatible with Linux (obviously, that's what your Xperia runs) and Windows, but not Mac OS X.

Windows MUST have UDF in a partition (the previous exFAT partition that you reformatted)
Mac OS X MUST have UDF *raw* on the flash, starting at block 0 (not WITHIN a partition).

(Linux doesn't give a damn, it works both ways).

If you want the partition to work BOTH on Mac OS X and Windows, you should use a small trick

(There's free room at the beginning of an UDF partition - for booting a BootCD, etc.
Thus you can put the UDF partition at block 0 - so Mac OS X is happy,
and you can use the free space to make a partition that points back to block 0 - so Windows is happy too)

Also, the nice thing : just like F2FS, UDF too is a log-structured filesystem, and thus is nicer to flash media.
(Also like CoW systems such as btrfs and zfs)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Hi all, I'm happy that I've found a way to not format my SD card as it is in exfat format, i found this information to make it reconize by Sailfish and automount after reboot.
Install this first https://openrepos.net/content/bloodyfoxy/exfat-utils
Yeah, used to play around with this on my Jolla 1.

I've also compiled similar FUSE-based support for NTRFS (ntrfs-3g) if you need that too (for a USB key over USB OTG ?)

Warning for any USAmerican that comes in a future where Sailfish X is extended outside of Europe :
The above pieces of code (exFAT FUSE drivers) are completely illegal in your country, because of stupid software patent laws in your country.
Sorry for you.
Talk to your representatives.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Yeah, used to play around with this on my Jolla 1.

I've also compiled similar FUSE-based support for NTRFS (ntrfs-3g) if you need that too (for a USB key over USB OTG ?)

Warning for any USAmerican that comes in a future where Sailfish X is extended outside of Europe :
The above pieces of code (exFAT FUSE drivers) are completely illegal in your country, because of stupid software patent laws in your country.
Sorry for you.
Talk to your representatives.
So.. I can't travel to US with my Sailfish X because I use a piece of software patented there that I installed illegally, ok... I didn't wanted to go anyway

Enviado desde mi Xperia X corriendo Sailfish OS

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
So.. I can't travel to US with my Sailfish X because I use a piece of software patented there that I installed illegally, ok... I didn't wanted to go anyway

Enviado desde mi Xperia X corriendo Sailfish OS
And here I am, living in the US. LOL.

I'll obey the letter of the law until the law is stupid and pointless.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Did some photos at house with just lamps, so the brightness of the scene is not excellent. It seems to me that the autofocus is not working well. At a first glance the photos look great compared to Jolla C due to much better color reproduction.

But zooming into the pictures reveals them to be quite blurry, as if the focus was a bit off. In fact when tapping to get focus, to plain eye it seems there's a more focused version when it's calibrating, but the camera chooses less optimal version. I also compared with another Android phone which took much sharper picture. Jolla C also took sharper picture, but it was grainier and as mentioned before the colors were nowhere near as good as on Sony X.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Or other experiences? I still need to test on daylight.
Camera picture quality is far away from original Sony camera app. Color quality is good but pictures are mostly blurred. Quality like Jolla C/Aquafish at the moment. On my Turing Phone pictures are more sharper but the colors were nowhere near as good as on SailfishX.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pasik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by pasik View Post
Camera picture quality is far away from original Sony camera app. Color quality is good but pictures are mostly blurred. Quality like Jolla C/Aquafish at the moment. On my Turing Phone pictures are more sharper but the colors were nowhere near as good as on SailfishX.
Yes, for me it looks like a focusing issue here. I am fine with the beta status arguments but this could have been an opportunity for Jolla to make some positive noise in the community, especially when they have a cooperation with Sony.

In the end the camera of the X was one argument to upgrade from a Nexus 5 running Sailfishos and now i have blurry images and the same holds for video recordings when i slightly move around with the device. Pretty sure they need to fix this if it's a common problem. Need to check Jolla Together:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...s-non-optimal/

Last edited by BluesLee; 2017-10-15 at 07:06.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
anyway to disable. do you want to save password/ are you really sure you want to logout. really annoying. why do jolla think Im note sure if I want to logout

if you haven't brought this hack. Do it today to back the refund. only $250 for phone and $50 for software. Consider one share of Amazon is around $1000 this is a bargain. sell one share and you can even get a nice meal in the deal.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-15 at 07:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x