Posts: 4 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2013 @ the Netherlands
Hello TMO ,

I would like to announce Quick Clamshell, a simple multiplication tables practising app for Sailfish OS written in C++ with of course a QML/QtQuick2/Silica based UI.

This is my first Sailfish app and first app in general. Therefore I would love some feedback on my app. So if some users would be willing to test it, it would be awesome!

The app is licensed under the GNU GPLv3 and the sources are available @ http://bitbucket.org/Superpelican/quick_clamshell/src

If you have the Sailfish Alpha 2 SDK you can clone the repository with the command "hg clone https://bitbucket.org/Superpelican/quick_clamshell/", make sure you have hg/Mercurial installed and are in a directory you want the sources to be copied to.

Then you can simply import the project in the SDK by importing the .pro

Screenshots below:

P.S.:A desktop version of the app based on the Qt 5.1 QtQuick Controls components will be made too

Hope this helps the Sailfish ecosystem a little bit,

Superpelican

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Superpelican For This Useful Post:
Looks nice!

What is this good for? Just brain training?

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Well of course you could use it as a brain training app for adults.

But it's main purpose is to let children who need to learn the multiplication tables/times tables practise with them!

So if you have kids and won't be afraid lend them your Jolla let them practise with the multiplication tables using this app

If your kids really want to practise the multiplication tables now and don't want to wait until you receive your Jolla or you'd rather not lend them your Jolla then you can always let them practise with Qt Clamshell, the desktop version (which has a nice beach themed QtQuick Controls based UI instead of the Silica UI).

Note that Qt Clamshell is still under development, so it's not completely finished yet (for example the user isn't explicitly notified if his/her answer is correct/wrong. If you enter the answer and hit "Submit answer" and no question appears, the answer the user gave is incorrect)

Qt Clamshell on Bitbucket

Hope you like it and both apps could use some testing (the practise all multiplications tables mode hasn't been tested completely due to lack of time, 100 questions to answer you know . They both use the same logic, just a different UI, so if you find a bug it's probably in both apps)

Superpelican

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superpelican For This Useful Post:
I already have some updates (both as in an actual "update" to an app and as in just news ).

First of all Qt Clamshell now does explicitly notify the user now whether his/her answer is correct/wrong . And the question (text) is now better readable in Qt Clamshell due to a being bold and having a bigger fontsize. So this'll make it a bit nicer to use.

The Qt Clamshell wiki has been updated, so it now contains actual information (special, huh? ). Qt Clamshell wiki

Superpelican

The Following User Says Thank You to Superpelican For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
What about showing the table n x m (or at least n x n) and allowing n>10 (and setting the lower border (not to ask the multiplication by two or three)?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Tags
announce, sailfish