Just come out of London Flagship store, handled the N900. Now I really really want one. Not cause of its amazing tech, but because it just feels so good in the hand.

Its a lot smaller than any video would have you believe. perfectly weighted, especially when you slide out the keyboard. Holding it in both hands, it feels secure and nicely balanced. Keys fall under thumbs just right, no straining and having to reposition the grip continually. Infact you wonder if the thickness of it was designed in because with the screen slid up it is just right. Keys have nice blend of grip and firmness, and the width of the device in horizontal mode allows both thumbs to reach into the center of the keyboard symmetrically, thats what i mean by balance..

Display has amazing detail and crispness, and touch screen is more natural and human than hard cold capacitive. You can flick the screen with the back of you finger nail as as well as you finger tip for a forwards and backwards or up and down motion intuitive like flicking a marble rather than trying t.o push.

Last edited by mikec; 2009-11-12 at 19:32.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
how strange, i was in the nokia shop today as well (@ 13:45 GMT).

i concur with everything you have said, the phone was much smaller than i thought, wasn't too thick, the keyboard keys were perfect (took time to get used to it come from the E90). there was enough space between the top row of keys and the screen.

after playing with it for 10-15 mins i dont actually know where the debate of capacitive Vs resistive has come from. i have used my brothers HTC Hero and i applied the same amount of pressure on the N900 and it worked.

i just cant wait to get mine now.

The Following User Says Thank You to kalim13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
I want mine now!!!!

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
I posted about this earlier when I went and had a look

Did any of you get any lag after opening multiple programs, how nippy did it feel. I found that after opening Ovi maps, it really became laggy and I was waiting for the display to catch up...

Not that it put me off - can't wait until mine is delivered

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following User Says Thank You to edgedemon For This Useful Post:
I did the OP from my E71 sat in Oxford Street. Ran out of time before I had to get on a train. Here are some additional thoughts.

The keyboard slide action is just beautiful, a bit like shutting the door on a BMW, nice weight and clicks in place with a damped action. I can see owners opening and closing that keyboard just for the shear joy of it.

But get this, that pleasure is exceeded by sliding the camera cover on the back of the unit. Again lovely weight and click action, surprised me as I thought it would be like the N97 but no. it reminds me of the first time I got a quality automatic watch with a unidirectional bezel, played with it all day. The camera snaps into action almost immediately, OMG the curse of the N95 camera delay has gone!!

Having watched the videos a bazillion times I was swiping the desktop like a pro. Top left hand corner to zoom out to multiple desktops, touch open app , lovely smooth fluid transitions.

There was a queue of people waiting to get hands on behind me so I reluctantly gave the unit back. I think the girl showing it to me thought I was a bit strange as I was not interested at all what the device did, only how it felt in the hand.

Mike C

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
This post makes me want mine even more...

Originally Posted by mklass View Post
This post makes me want mine even more...
Tell me about it! The anxiety is driving me nuts now! I wish I lived closer to a Nokia store so I could at least handle one. Nearest one I think is NYC which is a 6+ hour drive...

There she is boys (There he is girls)........do you really want an "Android" , or the real deal

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND

sEXY

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
There she is boys (There he is girls)........do you really want an "Android" , or the real deal

To me this is the best phone/mobile tablet available...

It kicks the a*s of the iPhone 3gs the Droid and the HTC HD2..

I really am looking forward to getting my hands on this

The Following User Says Thank You to mklass For This Useful Post: